PDA

View Full Version : 450r

400EXrider#91
04-11-2004, 09:35 PM
i am thinking of getting a 450r...but the only thing that keeps me form it is that 17 out 20 pros are riding yfzs and only 2 of the others are 450rs. don't get me wrong i will take either of them but i am just trying to find what is best for me

rap169
04-11-2004, 09:47 PM
u already have a yfz 450? ???

#1speedbump
04-11-2004, 09:48 PM
From looking at your post I assume that you have a yamaha 450 or is it a bike? The R is a killer, just wait a bit and see how they compare once the aftermarket has had time to develope some performance products. Out of the box they are near equal or can be adjusted to be very close. Dont let the pros rides influence you most of them have a sponsor who also has input into what they should ride. This will be a good season for Honda IMO. Didnt honda just take 1st and 3rd in the Baja, and both were near stock. Hmmmm didnt see a stock yamaha 450 accomplish that. All that considered take into account your size and riding style. Neither of them will disappoint you. You could always wait for the LTZ/KX/DVX 450 to come out then you'll really have a hard time deciding. WHAT A GREAT TIME FOR US & THE SPORT!!!!!!

400EXrider#91
04-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by rap169
u already have a yfz 450? ???

yep

seatec
04-12-2004, 07:31 AM
also take in consideration that the YFZ has been out for about 6 months before the TRX hit the market. thats also a big reason why some of the Pro's ride blue/ They figured that they would get used to the thumper on the YFZ and then "maybe" switch over to the TRX so they didn't have to make the switch mid season.

Stock with mild mods not including high dollar a-arms and suspension mods i'd pick the YFZ for MX and the TRX for XC.

Talk to Pappy, he had them both and definitely likes the TRX better for woods and i think he'd pick the YFZ for the MX tracks. that is in stock version with mild upgrades like exhaust and jetting.