PDA

View Full Version : trail tech wiring

duncanracing400
04-11-2004, 03:33 PM
i know this isnt the right place for the forum, but i thought i get more responses here... so heres my question. i was looking at the trail tech lighting kits that come with billet bar clamp, and i cant c any wiring or anything, where do the wires go? do u have to splice or saulder any thing? if u can tell me how and where u put the wires ill probley most likey buy them, thanks

sheaff400ex
04-11-2004, 04:04 PM
I have the trail-tech lights and bar clamp for my 400ex. There is a ground and light wire. I just ran a seprate wire for the ground to the frame and and connected the trail tech lights to the high beam wrie lead. I taped the high beam wire lead from the stock lights. The way i have it set up is that the trail tech lights are my high beam and my stock lights still work on low beam. I wouldn't recomend wireing it so that you can use both lights at once because you may burn out the stator. Hopes this helps.

-Ryan

duncanracing400
04-11-2004, 05:17 PM
on the wire that goes to the high beam wire lead, did u just connect it to the wire that is in your little black switch box thingy on the left side of your handle bars, and if so, what color is that wire.

04-11-2004, 05:42 PM
kinda off topic but while were at it..the stock bright lights are TERRIBLE...they go really high like into the tops of the trees & dont help anything...is it just mine?

JOEX
04-11-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm not positive but I think the white wire is for high and the blue wire is for low. I used male/female connectors so the lights can be removed easily.;) I didn't wire directly into the box on the handle bars, just find a section of the wire under the fenders.