PDA

View Full Version : Sore hands

dirtriderex
04-11-2004, 03:05 PM
I'ev always had this problem but it is getting to the point now where I can't even ride. When riding sometimes I can't even open my hands b/c it hurts so bad from holding onto the handle bars. Anyone ever get this, if so what do you do to prevent it?

popo
04-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Try filling your handle bars with silicone. Helps stop the vibration causing the soreness.

Also try a set of Spider grips, more of a padded surface with a great contact patch.

dirtriderex
04-11-2004, 07:53 PM
It's not so much the vibration but the excessive grasp landing on jumps and going over rough terrain. I can't be the only person with this.

stonerider250x
04-11-2004, 08:02 PM
i dont get where i cant open my hands....but by the end of a race i do have trouble pullin in the clutch because of armpump

02Yellow400
04-11-2004, 08:05 PM
I have had it a few times so much when i let go of the bars my middle finger like pulls into my palm and i have to literaly pull it off with my other hand. Its really freaky actually...lol that cant be normal

fastkid400
04-11-2004, 08:06 PM
well i get that from just beatin around at home, i shood where gloves, both my hands are just calists now. i need gloves lol

Lil - Braff
04-11-2004, 08:32 PM
I would suggest for you to not hold the bars so tight. Maybe that is what it is. Or maybe it is just that you need to ride more? I dont know. lol

Quad Racer 600
04-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
I'ev always had this problem but it is getting to the point now where I can't even ride. When riding sometimes I can't even open my hands b/c it hurts so bad from holding onto the handle bars. Anyone ever get this, if so what do you do to prevent it?

You can get glove underwears from moose racing. Dont know if they will help sore hands but they really help against blisters

Doibugu2
04-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Like Braff said, don't hold the bars so tight. I broke my wrist awhile back, and was having problems holding onto the bars after a long day. I bought one of those hand squeeze things. I was doing it on my way to work. It helped alot.

Do you have a steering stablizer? That will help too.

dirtriderex
04-12-2004, 08:34 PM
I will have to invest in a steering stabilizer and a squeez ball, never thought of the ball:D

barry rhames
04-12-2004, 09:42 PM
anti vibe stem and stablizer try learning to hold on with your knees some too i learned to do that by riding wheeleis with one hand when i first started racing my hand hurt so bad that i would cup my hand over the end of the bar to turn but bark busters fixed that also my hands hurt worse with soft thick grips becouse i hold on tighter so i feel like i have control you just have to find out what works for you. i have freinds that hold on so tight with ther knees that they cant practice without knee pads. Oh yea you have two good quads by honda why ride a hardley.lol

ReconRider25
04-12-2004, 09:46 PM
get gloves with thinker padding and dont hold on so tight.;) and your not the only one whose hands are like that. after i started riding my "relaxed position" for my hands have always been curved like u were holding onto bars.:huh

dirtriderex
04-13-2004, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the feed back, it relly helps:D

Hammer trx450r
04-13-2004, 04:38 AM
your getting too far back on the seat!! get up on the tank more and sqeeze your knees like a mogul skiier.

QuadJunkies
04-14-2004, 12:16 PM
I have anti Vibe and I still have the same problem you have!!!
(I think),
My last race I couldnt open my hands fully for close to 2 hours:eek: ...I think my problem is due to Bad Cables tiring my hands out,I had Arm Pump from he!!

:mad:

I got a dampener but cant get it to fit on properly( Stem is too big) so a freind is gonna Mod it to fit.... I also got Oury Grips,they are soooooooo nice!!!! Added padding for rough riding...Hpefully with the new calbe,clutch and everything else it will help.....:)

sethg
04-16-2004, 09:52 PM
I have the same problem...but I use a twist throttle too so its a little different. After 1-1/2 hours, two fingers are operating the throttle instead of my whole hand. I also try and relax my hands when its opened up a little, hopefully don't hit a tree.

Does anybody have problems with their steering stabilizer being too tight? I used a denton on my 400ex and I would get arm pump faster with that, than with stock?

cletusEX
04-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by sethg
Does anybody have problems with their steering stabilizer being too tight? I used a denton on my 400ex and I would get arm pump faster with that, than with stock?

I had the same problem with Denton's, then I switched to a WER and it doesn't affect the steering and still protects you from bumps and hitting things.

QuadJunkies
04-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by cletusEX
I had the same problem with Denton's, then I switched to a WER and it doesn't affect the steering and still protects you from bumps and hitting things. Why does this happen to some and not to others anyhow???? I hear 99% of people have PEP or Denton cause the others are so expensive and they all love theres,my Ole Man is having issues with his HPD one on his Predator some lately with his hands too:( ..... I guess I dont understand why this helps some people and hinders others......:confused:

sethg
04-17-2004, 02:42 PM
No I agree it helps, just that pushing on the handlebars (with more force) makes my arms go out before my hands. I like adjustability of a Scotts, switch it to soft going into the woods and pull it up a couple notches going into a straight.

BUILT TO RIDE
04-17-2004, 05:36 PM
I think it's from holding on too tight, because when i get off the track, it is hard to unrap my fingers from the bars. and they hurt the rest of the night. Just try to think of it when ur riding, and loosen up some. Trust me, you wont fly off the back.

Quadzzuki
04-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Get some good grips, Oury grips are fantastic and will help alot with both arm pump and blisters. Also ride more, the more you ride the more you will relax.

quadchick3
04-18-2004, 08:09 AM
I know for a fact when people say dont hold on so tight, its almost impossible to just losen up your grip.

For about a week before each race I use those little hand exorsizing grip things, and they work. I even bring them to the track with me and use them before and after practice.

Another thing you really need to do is just relax. If you know when your racing that your holding on to tight then you can maybe tell yourself ok im gonna go up that table top gas it a little bit and losen up on the grib. i dunno its just a suggestion.

but last, if your getting any type of arm pump remember do not drink pop or any other carbonated drinks!!! and not just the day of your moto, start cuttin like 3-4 days it helps tremendusly

dirtriderex
04-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Why no carbonated drinks? I drink mostly water any ways so I can handle that.:D

QuadJunkies
04-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
Why no carbonated drinks? I drink mostly water any ways so I can handle that.:D Im guessing because of Caffeine...Caffeine will dehydrate you causinf even more Arm Fatigue.......Just dont make the mistake of drinking TOO MUCH H20 before your MOTO like I did,it will also hurt your endurance in the whoops Section :o :p LOL.Try and Hydrate the day before the race instead and just drink normal Amts. your used to the day of......;)

quadchick3
04-18-2004, 03:47 PM
QuadJunkies got that one right on :)

Caffeine will just drain you of energy during the races expecially when the heat and humity is up. If you try drinking gatorade it also helps. In my 2 years of racing im addicted to that stuff during every race weekend :)

440ex22
05-16-2004, 02:26 PM
that kinda happened to me... i rode for about 3 hours non stop at the track and when i took off my gloves i couldnt do it with my hands.. i had to use my teeth.. and then i found 10 blisters (literally) on my hands
it was a tough drive home