PDA

View Full Version : Whats Wrong????

Matt400ex_17
04-11-2004, 02:57 PM
I was riding yesterday out at my track and when i came out of a corner really hard it like lost all of it balls. When i hit the throttle it gets to about 2500 rpms then bogs down and then when it hits about 6000 rpms it jumps back up again. It is smoking really bad and has a clicking in the top end iit sounds more like valves than a blown piston but the valves dont explain the blown smoke. I had a buddy screw with it for a lil while and he thinks either blown piston or i threw the timing off but it also has good compression.

Atreyu
04-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Could be many things. The smoking could be because of rings, the ticking because of valves.

Secondly, the loss of power could be a carb thing. Follow your throttle line to the carb and make sure it is straight. If this is not the case then your going to have to take off your plastics, airbox, and gas tank. Remove the golden plate from the top of the carb. once you do this there will be a long pin in there. Press on your throttle and see if the throttle body is reacting to this. If not then this "long pin" came unscrewed causing the lack of midrange. If the throttle body will not go up, no gas will get through. You mus unnattatch (sp?) the arm and find the two screws that hold the plate in place. Screw them back in and see if the throttle body lifts by pressing the throttle, then put it back together. Hope that helped. ;)

Matt400ex_17
04-11-2004, 03:23 PM
No not the carb completely broke it down and cleaned and put it back together. Its not the plug eihter we put two new into. Its in the motor.

nakomis0
04-11-2004, 05:36 PM
sounds like you gotta open your motor.

Matt400ex_17
04-13-2004, 05:28 PM
bmp