PDA

View Full Version : im in big trouble

quadin52
04-11-2004, 01:11 PM
i think i stripped my threads that hold the spark plug in on the motor cuz last night i was at a race and i was doing pretty good and my spark plug wire came off , then my spark plug was just stiitng in there and i put a new one in brfore the race and i had everything tight then,it killed the quad then it just got worse from there ... what do you have to do to fix this problem

quadmxracer
04-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Hey I raced last night too were at Cedar Rapids Hawkeye Downs race, if so I was also. Funny thing is last week I stripped out my spark plug hole to and I couldn't even budge my spark plug one bit. So I pulled my head off and put some force on it and got it out. Luckily I only ruined the first three threads. I ended up putting a heli coil in it and it works just fine. I would take off your gas tank and see what it looks like and check your threads. You may have to pull your head which isn't a big deal. If you have any other questions just let me know. I tell you what the best way to reach me is on my cell phone. 712-621-3964 if you don't want to do that PM me.