PDA

View Full Version : My daughters first digger(wreck)

Woodsrider
04-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Yesterday I took Kayla (9), riding for the day. She did really well, even riding my 400 around the track for a few supervised laps. She picked up the whole clutch thing really fast, using first and second gear:cool: She can ride the chit out of the Kasea now and was feeling pretty cocky at the end of the day. So I told her that since I loaded her quad in the morning, she could load it for the ride home:macho She jumped at the chance to show me she could ride it up onto the trailor, and into the truck. Well the ramp to the trailor is pretty short and steep, she hit it once and didnt have the speed to make it up the ramp. She rolled the quad back, and made another run..... Way too fast! She hit the ramp, wheely-jumped the kasea into the trailor, where it landed on the grab bar and started to come over on her. I was standing at the edge of the trailor and caught the quad so it wouldnt land on her. Thank god she wasnt hurt, not even a scratch or bruise! Scared the crapolla out of her though, but she made me unload it so hse could ride it around before I put it in the truck.

I just thought I would share my little girls first real wreck with every one. Now lets hear about your kids diggers:D

seatec
04-11-2004, 12:38 PM
glad she is ok.

Woodsrider
04-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Ya me too! her mom would have me by the short hairs if she got hurt:eek:

JOEX
04-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Damn! It scares me when I ride mine onto the trailer:eek: :o

Last kid wreck I saw involved a bent a-arm and a few stopped hearts:eek: Luckily noone got hurt;)

bradley300
04-11-2004, 09:49 PM
thats kinda a good thing, i think its nice to have a good wreck or two when you first start riding, juist to let you know that you do have to be careful and pay attention.

glad she's alright

QuadJunkies
04-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Last kid wreck I saw involved a bent a-arm and a few stopped hearts:eek: Luckily noone got hurt;) Ill take a hill climb before loading my quad!!!:eek: :p :o No seriously, loading it can sometimes be a disaster even for an adult.....Glad she is ok.....;)

Woodsrider
04-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Last kid wreck I saw involved a bent a-arm and a few stopped hearts:eek: Luckily noone got hurt;)

Loading into the trailor dont bother me. Its putting it in the back of the toyota I dont like. Ramp is too steep and the truck bed is way short with a truck box in there.

JOEX
04-12-2004, 10:40 PM
My ramp is almost too narrow, the center rib on the front tires ride on the outer edges of the ramp. If i'm not perfectly straight it will go off one side or the other, that's why I rarely ride it up.

dirtmomma
04-14-2004, 09:15 AM
OH you guys are all SALLY'S ROFLMFAO J/P hahahha I used to be freaked about loading our quads too, if noone is aaround I can load all of them but it seems if someone is standing there I freak out LOL hell you all outta try our ramp/trailer w/ our WIDE quads, wider is better but when you hang over the ramp w/ just the inside (sometimes) of your tires barely on thats scary. DJ does all of our loading pretty much he loves driving that wide chit up the ramp, As for loading accidents he's only had 1 think he was trying to take his blaster off & it came off the ramp & @ the time he couldn't lift it up by himself, he was home alone doing it :rolleyes:

Glad to hear Kayla didn't get hurt though ;) You wanna see some wipe outs I'll have to post some pics of DJ's :eek: :eek: he's scared me a few times, sailing thru the air w/ the quad behind him!! NOW thats scary, glad I didn't see him pack his 90 into the tree a few years ago up camping, I just got to see the aftermath, bent a arms tie rods.

PHAT400
04-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Glad to hear you were there man...

Anyway, my boy Mason and I were out riding for awhile when hi s mom and the neighbors came out to join us. (1 clapped out banshee, a cr50 w/training wheels my 400ex, mom's trail boss and his scrambler 50) Well I get a little pooped and stop to talk to my wife.. The Banshee come's up and stop's, then the little guy on the cr50 stop's.. Well Mason is the only one riding.... He's maybe 20 ft from me and he's doing some do-nut's. It's cold that day and the ground is still soft..... except for half of the area where he is doing do-nut's...(you see where this is headed right?) He's doing some good one's but the rear end catch's some hard pack and over goes the bike. Not a horrific crash but scarey none-the-less. Well I was not looking at him when he went over, all of a sudden it's really quiet. I turn ariound and see the visor to his helmet buried in the ground with his bike on top of him. I run over and pull the thing off, roll him over slowly, he peers up at me through mud covered eye's and say's with a little tremble in his voice.... "daddy .... that sucked" and begins to cry. I assumed that his leg was injured a bit since that is where the bike came to rest.
i asked him if he could stand and he say's yes.. so I help him up and his leg folded under him........ :eek: I about passed out myself, I thought he snapped that little bugger in half. Turn's out he just did not want to put any weight on it...... :confused: WHEW...

All he really did was bruise his thigh a little. Still scared the panties right off me...

He does'nt do do-nut's anymore....

:macho

Woodsrider
04-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Ya its always I heart stopper when you see the wee ones take a digger. A couple of weeks ago we were all riding over at a freinds house and his boy was riding his quad around the yard and thru the garden that still needed the rest of the topsoil spread. On one end is a small pile that was cut steep on one side from digging it off to spread. In a four year olds mind, where there is no fear, its a natural jump. So Mikey decided to take the jump before really thinking it out all the way. He pinned it from about fifty feet out and hit the jump way to fast. Well the jump was just a hair too skinny for his quad and when he went off the top the quad started a barrel roll and came down on top of him in the soft dirt about twenty feet from the jump. Just a couple of bruises and a bent brake lever. His mom immediatly took a shovel to the last of the dirt and leveled the jump.

All mikey said was "Im okay, but that I think that jump is broken on one side."

SpeedBump
04-22-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Ya me too! her mom would have me by the short hairs if she got hurt:eek:

My daughter's first crash was with a TREE!!! This was the first time my daughter was riding my son's Scrambler 50 in the woods..."real riding" is what she wanted.. not just riding around the driveway and flat yard. Well, me and the wife thought it better to have some adult supervision for a bit to see how she would do with some obstacles and such, so I lead the way, and my wife got on back with our girl. She was doing good until the first large set of ruts. The trail makes a very tight turn across some deep ruts and then another sharp 90 deg as soon as you clear them. She was being timid with the gas and kinda got hung up in the first rut. My wife urged her on but Emily (daughter) wasn't giving it what it needed to pull her AND the wife outta the rut. I turned around just in time to see and hear my wife, in a stern voice tell Emily to "GIVE IT GAS" and boy did she!!! With the added weight of my wife on the back, the quad pulled the front end....carried it across both sets of ruts...and STRAIGHT INTO THE TREE at full throttle. It truely was one of the most funny things I have ever seen while riding. The quad took all the damage....busted front bumper and some scrapes here and there. The wife was PISSED at ME!!!!!! Can you believe it? Sure ya can....that is what wives are supposed to do....blame the husband. I guess me laughing so hard I about fell down gives her the right to be pissed. Emily thought it was funny too. The wife kicked Emily off the 50, got on it herself, took off for the house like a Bat-Outta-He11 and left me and my daughter snickering and laughin to fend for ourselves. . Boy aint love grand? LMAO!!!!

QuadJunkies
04-23-2004, 10:45 AM
LOL..... sometimes us women can be a real b!tch eh????:eek: :o :p

Hoggr9
04-23-2004, 11:33 AM
This was in our backyard.
No injuries and he couldn't get back on it fast enough.
Luckily mom just so happened to be in the right place at the right time with the camera.
It's a good thing she remembers the camera or else we wouldn't have any pics to show..Dad forgets.

WOracing
04-23-2004, 05:11 PM
One time my little brother was out at my track in my backyard...and he saw me hittin the whoops like they were nothing so......while i wasnt looking he took his lt80 for a ride on the track. I was hittin some jumps and when i came off this one jump i saw him headed toward the whoops.....man did he take them, the quad rolled over on to him. No injuries just a laugh after i found out he was ok. It did scare me a bit....:rolleyes: