PDA

View Full Version : Blaster oil mix problem..

Towlieee
04-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Sorry i know this isn't a yamaha forum.. but i need a lil help

My friend has a blaster like a 98 or so I think.. He has taken the oil injection off..

The other day I was out riding it (he lemme use it out at my moms) and I had to mix some gas up for it..

I read on the internet your supposed to use 32:1 mixture..

Then I also read on this one site, a guy said he ran tests at 20:1 and at 27:1..

He said at 20:1 and 27:1 there was no loss in power, however at 27:1 there was so much scuffing on the cylinder walls/piston to persuade him from doing any tests at 32:1..

So I decided to mix up some gas at about 24:1 mixture..

My friend later comes out and rides his bike for about 10 minutes and starts *****ing saying I completly ruined his bike, I didn't mix gas and whatnot..
i tell him hes dumb and its runing a 24:1 mixture.. then he says how thats to much oil and it'l over lube it and blow his motor..

Anyone knwo the right mixture? and over lubing can't hurt anything but the plug/jets could it?

outofsight
04-11-2004, 11:45 AM
overlubing wouldnt blow the engine up. check out www.bluetraxx.com. they should have what ur looking for in the blaster forum.

bradley300
04-11-2004, 08:00 PM
the most it will do is foul a plug, so give him 3 bucks and tell him to shut it.

hell, i mix one of my blasters 40:1

Tom TRX250R
04-11-2004, 10:15 PM
That guy is full of s@$# !!! There is no damage to running that rich of mixture. It's better running a little rich then to run it too lean and scuff the cylinder walls. I agree with bradley 300 in buying him a new spark plug and telling him to shove it!!!