PDA

View Full Version : trx hrc vs Crf cam

kazpr
04-11-2004, 07:57 AM
Anyone know what the main differences would be?? Thanks alot

2004TRX450R
04-11-2004, 12:20 PM
HRC cam will make more power because it has more lift and duration.

tkwarrior
04-11-2004, 12:31 PM
When I talked to Sparks about their cam vs hrc they said their cam is good for a 3-4 hp across the bottom/mid/high. Then the hrc is good for 4-5 hp across the mid/high with a little loss down on the bottom. I'm just relaying info of what they told me so don't shoot the messanger.

the Z Man
04-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Got a Hotcam today, I am dropping in tonight, Hotcams said it is the same cam they sell for the CRF, it gives 10% on the bottom and 3 to 5 in the mid to top, I also tossed my airbox lid, raised my needle one spot and jetted to a 180, I will let you guys know how the cam works..
Can anyone tell me how to insert some flying lesson pics on my post?????

Ward
04-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by the Z Man
Got a Hotcam today, I am dropping in tonight, Hotcams said it is the same cam they sell for the CRF, it gives 10% on the bottom and 3 to 5 in the mid to top, I also tossed my airbox lid, raised my needle one spot and jetted to a 180, I will let you guys know how the cam works..
Can anyone tell me how to insert some flying lesson pics on my post?????

Did you get stage 1 or 2 ? How much did you pay ?
Someone on ebay is selling them

lukester720
04-11-2004, 05:09 PM
I have the 02 crf cam in mine and it didn't make any noticable difference it lopes a tiny bit more than stock but that's it.

the Z Man
04-11-2004, 10:06 PM
I got the Hotcam Stage 1 in tonight, WOW what a difference! it really lets the rear tires break lose alot easier, I only rode for about 10 minutes but can really tell it is going to blow away my 4 buddies with the YFZ's
I got it direct from Hotcams right here in town, I actually paid retail which kind of sucked but he handed it to me instead of waiting for shipping.
Still looking for info on inserting pics from my flying lessons Saturday,,,, :confused2

lukester720
04-12-2004, 12:57 AM
I heard that hotcams were testing cams a while back but were selling the crf cam until they had a finished product are you sure they didn't give you one of the new ones? I installed a sparks needle (same as in the hrc kit) and it made more of a difference that my crf cam did? Did you have a chance to ride it after you tossed your airbox lid and jetted it?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time I'm just wanting to know the facts because I'm going to buy the sparks cam soon to replace it and my crf cam will then go on ebay. I just don't want anyone wasting their money on the crf cam that's all. For a extra 60 bucks you could be rollin' with the sparks cam. Duncans should be out soon also.

The_Rooster
04-12-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by the Z Man
I got the Hotcam Stage 1 in tonight, WOW what a difference! it really lets the rear tires break lose alot easier, I only rode for about 10 minutes but can really tell it is going to blow away my 4 buddies with the YFZ's
I got it direct from Hotcams right here in town, I actually paid retail which kind of sucked but he handed it to me instead of waiting for shipping.
Still looking for info on inserting pics from my flying lessons Saturday,,,, :confused2

Your buddies must be stock.