PDA

View Full Version : Raced a Cannondale

joe1l
04-11-2004, 01:15 AM
Well today I actually tried to race the 450R. My buddy has a Cannondale blaze and he weighs actually about the same as me. The race wasn't too long, maybe 300meters so neither of us had 5th topped out. My buddy is a better rider than me hands down, so he would have that advantage. The race amazingly was dead even the entire way, at the start my front end did come up on me so i had to let off a bit, so I had a little disadvantage, but other than that we were dead even till the end. My bike is set up with 13/39 gearing, and an open airbox and is jetted. The blaze is stock with an fmf pipe. I was pretty pleased with the results, I know that C-dale is a pretty fast bike and my friend is really good rider, so I'm not disappointed with the results at all, especially since I'm geared down so much. I'll race him again after I get my HMF pipe, and post the results.

2manycrashes
04-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the info. I just switched to a 12/38 setup for my gears. That would be slightly more aggressive than the 13/39 you are running. 13/39 so far has been the most aggressive gearing that I've seen so far. I just wanted to try the 12T on front. I'll be testing it out in the sand on Wednesday. I can't wait.

I'll have to stand on the gas tank when I drag, but oh well.

:cool: