PDA

View Full Version : Need help doing wheelies

400Riderex
04-10-2004, 11:14 PM
I have a 99 400EX. im 14 years old. I can do some wheelies in first and second but can ride them very long. How can i do a nice wheelie for a long distance without going to fast but staying stable????????? please HELP!!!!!!

400 exrs can i ger some advise?:muscle:

04-10-2004, 11:34 PM
keep trying..it will come ;)

twisted threads
04-11-2004, 12:18 AM
First of all ALLWAYS were your helmet! After that you must not be afraid in going over back wards because you will. In order to do slow moving wheelies you got to find the floating point were the bike almost wants to come over backwards on you. Remember keep your foot near the brake so if you start going over you can tap it to set you front end on the ground. When I first started doing wheelies I pick a spot that I wanted to do a wheelie to then I practiced...alot, then once I hite the spot that I marked then I picked one even further and so on.:D

Steve-o 400EX
04-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Not to be an acehole or anything but make sure u put ur threads in the right section. This is for powertrain threads.

As for wheelies, to get better ballance i just went into a field and would pop it up to 1 o'clock in first gear and just creep forward using my rear break to keep from standing it up. U'll get good at it pretty fast. I can ride wheelies from 1st to 5th now without any trouble at all.;)