PDA

View Full Version : LOTS of Questions

roostin_dale
04-10-2004, 10:21 PM
well mine will be here soon and i have some questions before i go and start modding it....

How much are Lonestar DC-4 a-arms and where can i get them? Available in standard travel?

What size a-arms are you running for mx and what offset wheel? what width does it put you at?

Where do i get a PEP chain relocator?

What is a good steering stem?

Where can i get a TC exhaust and how much? (TC doesnt answer phones)

What width axle...offset wheels are you running for mx? What width does it put you at?

What do you need to do for the "cam mod"?

Im thinkin these are all the questions i have but i will post more if i think of them...
Im gunna TRY not to go cheap on this bike, by top of the line everything...

thanks guys/gals

EvilJester400EX
04-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
well mine will be here soon and i have some questions before i go and start modding it....

How much are Lonestar DC-4 a-arms and where can i get them? Available in standard travel?

What size a-arms are you running for mx and what offset wheel? what width does it put you at?

Where do i get a PEP chain relocator?

What is a good steering stem?

Where can i get a TC exhaust and how much? (TC doesnt answer phones)

What width axle...offset wheels are you running for mx? What width does it put you at?

What do you need to do for the "cam mod"?

Im thinkin these are all the questions i have but i will post more if i think of them...
Im gunna TRY not to go cheap on this bike, by top of the line everything...

thanks guys/gals

Don't know how much DC-4 are, not a LSR fan, myself.

I run +3 Viper LT arms with 3:2 offset, i'm at 49 inches.
I got my PEP re-locater at Lost Creek Cycles.
Viper +1 anti-vibe.
I dunno where you can get the TC. I'd rather have a HMF or a Sparks, TC is just too loud for my liking.
I run a +4 axle, with 3:6 offset, I think.. whatever stock rear is, lol.

roostin_dale
04-11-2004, 09:25 AM
thanks jester...

Do you have a pic of those Viper a-arms? And how much were they? Are the +3's available in standard travel..

CTmxyfz
04-11-2004, 09:45 AM
If you do not want to go cheap on that bike.... run walsh, laeger, or the axis suspension or something like that.

Roostin, What kind of shocks do you plan on running. I/m me at Mxyfz on AIM and i can help you out with more problems.b

roostin_dale
04-11-2004, 09:52 AM
don't have aim:o

I will be running Elka's and i am still debating on Lonestar or Walsh...but im still open for suggestions on other brands...

AlaskaSpeed
04-11-2004, 10:08 AM
www.magnoliatractor.com Ask for Bob. He can get or point you in the right direction for any Yamaha parts you would want. Rudy at www.dirtfiendracing.com can help you with pretty much any aftermarket stuff you need as far as shocks, etc. Jeff at www.quadshopatv.com can take care of your Elka needs, but you probably already knew that.

I would get the Trailtech rectifier while you are at it. If you are wanting to avoid electrical issues at all. You can find it on www.trailtech.net it's 30.00.

I have the LSR DC4's and they are LT +2's. I am running Honda front wheels...4/1 offset.

EvilJester400EX
04-11-2004, 02:09 PM
thanks jester...

Do you have a pic of those Viper a-arms? And how much were they? Are the +3's available in standard travel..

I payed $750 for mine. John only makes +3's in long travel, but he has +2's available. Here's a pic of the +3's.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pa4d174dfb0a4b01b85d65c3fa7fd6a1d/f9b70305.jpg

trueblue450
04-11-2004, 02:41 PM
thats a nice quad jester im liking those arms..

EvilJester400EX
04-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by trueblue450
thats a nice quad jester im liking those arms..

Thanks, too much money invested in it though, lol.

roostin_dale
04-11-2004, 06:05 PM
i think im gunna go with DC4 +2's with 3-2 offset..what width will that be?

do they make dc4's in +3 or only +2?

and how much are LT elka's with piggybacks? i didnt see them on quadshops website...

Rrider4life8
04-11-2004, 07:28 PM
jester is slow:rolleyes: :blah:

CTmxyfz
04-11-2004, 08:10 PM
they are on the quadshops site. prices and all. I got quad rate compressions from Insane ATV for 1045 with shockwears. Talk to Jim over at Insane for Walsh hook ups too.

roostin_dale
04-11-2004, 08:24 PM
i saw that on the site..are the quadrates the longtravels? Thats what i was assuming...

EvilJester400EX
04-11-2004, 11:12 PM
i saw that on the site..are the quadrates the longtravels? Thats what i was assuming...

Yes, quadrates are long travels.

roostin_dale
04-11-2004, 11:24 PM
boy howdy..im so confused i dont know what to do..

For the front end i am almost settled on Herrmann now...what do you guys think of that? Hermann +2 LT a-arms and Elka shocks...sound pretty nice to me..
anyone have any pics of hermann a-arms except the ones on their site?

Scottie Mac
04-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Herman Products are some of the nicest ones around, as nice as Wlash or ROll, they just aren't as well known. They use all the high quality heim ends as well. Plus, they are WAY MORE cost friendly. I really like Roll and Walsh, but their prices are just out of controll.

Also, If you get a +3 front end with 3-2 offset rims, you are going to be over 50 inches. I have a +2 Roll front end with 4-1 offset Douglas Shamrocks and my width is right at 49. My brother has a Janssen +3 with 4-1 and he is slightly over 50 inches. Call Walsh or Herman and tell them what you want, they will tell you exactly what offset you will need to run to be legal.

Good luck,
Scott

Pappy
04-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Try the site sponsor T & T on walsh products, also Burgard LT are pretty sweet.

elka all the way:macho

run a stock offset rim and +3 and adjust your toe to less then 1/4 to start.

Burgard YFZ stems are killer and work like a champ.

Any place selling aftermarket can get you the pep relocator.

BIGGEST THING THO....get the elka linkage for the rear;)

yellowrider
04-13-2004, 10:45 AM
i am about to visit a site sponser today:D

for extended axle and a skid for my 450yfz i broke the stock one easter sunday:( but now i can get a prm .250 from t+t ..

do they give you 10 percent off for beings members on exriders also ????

hope so