PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm & Carrier Questions

hondafreestyler
04-10-2004, 09:33 PM
I just installed my rpm +1.25 swingarm ... but I have a few questions

Whats the torque spec on the swingarm pivot bolt(that goes thru the frame) ...

I also have a lonestar twin row bearing carrier ... what parts do I need off of the stock carrier to put this in? ...

And the last one ... whice is gonna be pretty dumb ...
But here it goes ... the lsr carrier has the chain adj. Does this go on the same side as the sprockets and chain or the opp. side? :rolleyes: ... the only reason I am confused is if it DOES go on the SAME side ... then the lsr stamp is upside down ...

Thanks a ton ...

JOEX
04-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Pivot bolt is 80 ft. lbs.

The carrier itself should be one unit. You will need the stock caliper stay & snap ring, rotor hub and lock nut etc....

I'm not sure what you mean about the chain adjuster....

hondafreestyler
04-10-2004, 09:54 PM
great ... thats alot ...

it is one unit ... what I mean is ... the lsr carrier on the one side has the chain adj. where u slide the tube in and turn or tighten or loosen your chain ... does this go into the swingarm so it's on the same side as the chain and sprockets or the opp. side ...

the reason i am asking is because IF it DOES go on the SAME side as the chain and sprockets ... the lsr stamp on the carrier would be upside down ... I would think that the stamp that says lsr on the carrier would be right side up

JOEX
04-10-2004, 10:02 PM
The carrier should slide in from the left. I don't have a LSR carrier, but the stocker and the Burgard does;)

hondafreestyler
04-10-2004, 10:04 PM
so the chain adj. should be on the same side of the chain?

JOEX
04-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Yes.

hondafreestyler
04-11-2004, 08:03 AM
great thanks