PDA

View Full Version : main jet falling out

nastynotchback1
04-10-2004, 09:18 PM
if your main jet falls out how will the quad act(400ex).will it run fine except for at wot?thanks

Chanman420q
04-10-2004, 09:23 PM
this happended to me before, it runs gooed, but when u get to 3/4 to 4/4 throttle its just complete ***. take ur carb off and shake it, ull hear the main jet rolling around.

JOEX
04-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Or you can take the drain plug out;)

nastynotchback1
04-10-2004, 10:40 PM
hey Chanman420q.thats what it is doing.i cased a double(hit pretty hard) and it started right after.i figured this is what happened.

JOEX .thats what i am going to do.drop out the drain plug first.thanks for the info.Trai

Chanman420q
04-11-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
hey Chanman420q.thats what it is doing.i cased a double(hit pretty hard) and it started right after.i figured this is what happened.

JOEX .thats what i am going to do.drop out the drain plug first.thanks for the info.Trai

yea ur main jet fell out, ill put money on it, it happended to me the day after i got my exhaust, so i was pissed, when i went to rejet it, i pulled my carb off and heard a rattle, turns out the jet came off some how.

if it runs good up until 3/4s throttle then its obvious thats what happened.

nastynotchback1
04-11-2004, 07:26 PM
well come to find out the pipe from the airbox to the carb had came off the carb.it was getting to much air at full throttle.thanks to all the responses.

zephead400ex
04-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Well...the problem has been solved but I want to throw in on this too. My main fell out after rejetting. After determining what the problem was I tried to put the jet back in. The jets are really weak and do not take much torque. I was scared to tighten the main to much in fear of breaking the jet...well...I over torqued it and it broke. I hate having to take the main out for fear of this happening again. :D

later

Chanman420q
04-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
well come to find out the pipe from the airbox to the carb had came off the carb.it was getting to much air at full throttle.thanks to all the responses.

that just happended to me yesterday! all of a sudden my quad was like hitting the rev limiter at at like 1/2 throttle. and would just bog and die. very anoughing. When i went home to see if my main jet had follen off, the carb was hanging there. the stock clamp was all bent up somehow. so i bought a hose clamp for it. Works great.

TCracin440ex
04-12-2004, 12:23 PM
my main has fallen out before too....the way to prevent this from happening is to put a lil locktight on the threads to keep them from backing out....

nastynotchback1
04-12-2004, 04:08 PM
thanks for all the replies.i checked my main anyway but it was still in there and it was tight.