PDA

View Full Version : Tomahawk HS 4/18/04?

greghall
04-10-2004, 01:27 PM
JUst making sure that nexst weekend there is a District 7 Quad HS at Tomahawk?Who's going?

cletusEX
04-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Count me and three others.

greghall
04-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Cletus this is a points race right?

greghall
04-10-2004, 09:47 PM
How many throw aways do we have?

cletusEX
04-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Greg, yeah it's a points race. I'm pretty sure we get 2 throw aways.

seatec
04-12-2004, 12:47 PM
I just got of the Phone with Eric (the red) and he is definately game as am i! He might ride up with his buddy who has a trailer.

400exvet
04-13-2004, 11:06 AM
We'll be there for sure!

Hey, where do you Md. guys get your motor work done? I'm thinking about adding some HP to my stock 400 and just wondering where I can take it and actually talk to someone that knows what is going on! I hate to just send it away and hope for the best! thanks!

seatec
04-13-2004, 11:09 AM
exvet. looking forward to meetin you at Tomahawk. As for the motor work. i wouldnt have a clue. Sorry.

Pappy
04-13-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by 400exvet
We'll be there for sure!

Hey, where do you Md. guys get your motor work done? I'm thinking about adding some HP to my stock 400 and just wondering where I can take it and actually talk to someone that knows what is going on! I hate to just send it away and hope for the best! thanks!

try andy at dirtfirst!

greghall
04-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Second that Andy at DIRT FIRST!!!

465Stroker
04-13-2004, 11:30 AM
We'll be there for sure!

For in the woods a good ol' 425 will make you very happy! ;)

cletusEX
04-13-2004, 12:00 PM
We'll be there for sure!

What are you thinking of getting done? I went with a 416 and a Web Cam and am really happy with it.

greghall
04-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Or are you going to lorretta's,I know Tomahawk is around the corner from your house,hope to see you there.Wait I think you said you will be at Budds right.

Pappy
04-13-2004, 12:31 PM
we will be racing in Elkin's WV on saturday and heading to Budd's Creek on sunday. I wish my kid could race the national i'd just make it a weekend at budds

Pappy
04-13-2004, 12:41 PM
wait he can race!

anyone know if the require a kill switch on the mini quads?

greghall
04-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
wait he can race!

anyone know if the require a kill switch on the mini quads? Im sure they reqiure a kill switch,good luck to your son I bet he really flies.

Pappy
04-13-2004, 12:58 PM
we will see. he really likes the woods...

seatec
04-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
we will see. he really likes the woods...

Good, keep him away from the Dark side. MX that is:devil:

400exvet
04-13-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking a 416 would be good enough for now. I don't want to go too radical. I also don't want to spend a fortune to get a little more HP. I will give Andy a call at Dirtfirst to see what he thinks.

Cletus, did you get yours done or do it yourself? Was that you or your bro that kicked *** at Tomahawk last time. What happened to your buddy? I saw him off his quad early in the race. I'll come over and see ya Sunday and we can talk motor stuff.....hawhawhaw!

seatec, I have a dk. blue Chevy ex cab 4x4 and a black Haulmark enclosed trailer...come around and say hi...we usually have plenty of cold Mt Dews!

Pappy, who's gonna be taking pics for ya? Think any of the GNCC guys will be there?...Tennessee isn't that far!:D ...is it?

greghall
04-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Everybody except the local guys will be at Lorretta's but some may show up that want the points.

greghall
04-13-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm thinking a 416 would be good enough for now. I don't want to go too radical. I also don't want to spend a fortune to get a little more HP. I will give Andy a call at Dirtfirst to see what he thinks.

Cletus, did you get yours done or do it yourself? Was that you or your bro that kicked *** at Tomahawk last time. What happened to your buddy? I saw him off his quad early in the race. I'll come over and see ya Sunday and we can talk motor stuff.....hawhawhaw!

seatec, I have a dk. blue Chevy ex cab 4x4 and a black Haulmark enclosed trailer...come around and say hi...we usually have plenty of cold Mt Dews!

Pappy, who's gonna be taking pics for ya? Think any of the GNCC guys will be there?...Tennessee isn't that far!:D ...is it? Are you going to run the VET class 400exvet:D by what your screen name says, come over & say hi i'll be driving a old white dodge truck with box trailer w/2 450R's around.would like to meet some of the guys from the board.

seatec
04-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Exvet, ill definately look you up. i have a Black 2500HD CrewCab with a white YFZ in the bed. We are going to have us some fun for sure.

greghall
04-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Looks like its going to be 75 or 80 degrees better drink alot of water!!

cletusEX
04-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Cletus, did you get yours done or do it yourself? Was that you or your bro that kicked *** at Tomahawk last time. What happened to your buddy? I saw him off his quad early in the race. I'll come over and see ya Sunday and we can talk motor stuff

My buddy Brian did mine. It runs good, not like one of the new 450's but a lot better than stock. Yeah that was my brother. He got 2nd at Tomahawk and then 3rd at Budds. He is switching to the 450R for this race so we'll see how he does.

That was probably me you saw off the bike. A yellow 400ex? My buddy Brian is on a white yfz now. I rolled it a couple times and bent up the stem. It shook me up a little bit so I took a few minutes to regain my composure. I'm more than ready for this race!:)

400exvette
04-13-2004, 06:52 PM
greghall, I run in the B class. I was running vet last year then my buddy started racing and we didn't want to race the same class. See ya Sunday

seatec, I'll see ya there!

cletus. I thought for sure I saw your buddy Brian off his bike at one time. That's when I passed him. Was Budds a mess? I see the standings on their web site and it looks like the first lap took a very long time to finish. What happened?

greghall
04-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
My buddy Brian did mine. It runs good, not like one of the new 450's but a lot better than stock. Yeah that was my brother. He got 2nd at Tomahawk and then 3rd at Budds. He is switching to the 450R for this race so we'll see how he does.

That was probably me you saw off the bike. A yellow 400ex? My buddy Brian is on a white yfz now. I rolled it a couple times and bent up the stem. It shook me up a little bit so I took a few minutes to regain my composure. I'm more than ready for this race!:) Your brother must be pretty fast that's some good results,Is Chuck Dunn going you said before you knew him & rode with him?Is your brother & you as fast as Chuck he's fast too.

greghall
04-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by 400exvette
greghall, I run in the B class. I was running vet last year then my buddy started racing and we didn't want to race the same class. See ya Sunday

seatec, I'll see ya there!

cletus. I thought for sure I saw your buddy Brian off his bike at one time. That's when I passed him. Was Budds a mess? I see the standings on their web site and it looks like the first lap took a very long time to finish. What happened? Man that's a good friend but me & my buddy love to race in the same class & hope to battle a little bit.How old are you?Im 37 & was going to run VET again like I did three years ago,my buddy likes B class so that's what Im runnig this year.Vet maybe nexst year for sure.

cletusEX
04-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by greghall
Your brother must be pretty fast that's some good results,Is Chuck Dunn going you said before you knew him & rode with him?Is your brother & you as fast as Chuck he's fast too.

Chucky is racing the nationals so he most likely won't be there. Yeah my brother and our other buddy Brian are both pretty quick, but Chucky is hard to beat when he is having a good race.

cletusEX
04-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by 400exvette
cletus. I thought for sure I saw your buddy Brian off his bike at one time. That's when I passed him. Was Budds a mess? I see the standings on their web site and it looks like the first lap took a very long time to finish. What happened?

Yeah it was his first race on the yfz and the throttle was real stiff and he got arm pump real bad and had to pull off a couple times. He figured out how to fix the throttle so he should be good to go this weekend. I think this race is going to be a good time and from the sound of everyone there should be a good turnout.

greghall
04-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Man im sure ill have some arm pump issues I doubt ill be able to finish the race if they run us a hour 1/2.Im in no shape to finish strong my first race back Ill really have to pace myself. 1 hour will be tough enough to do thats why I wanted to race Budds the first race back,But I'll be at Budds on the 2nd of May for that race too.

cletusEX
04-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by greghall
Man im sure ill have some arm pump issues I doubt ill be able to finish the race if they run us a hour 1/2.Im in no shape to finish strong my first race back Ill really have to pace myself. 1 hour will be tough enough to do thats why I wanted to race Budds the first race back,But I'll be at Budds on the 2nd of May for that race too.

you gotta start somewhere.

seatec
04-14-2004, 06:35 AM
1 1/2 hours of woods riding in rocky Hot conditions. Ouch SOUnds like my very first HS at BUdds with my CRF450 bike 2 years ago. i almost passed out that day and still dont know how i got back to the truck. Ill be bringing the BIG cooler with gator aid and Water. WIsh i had a bigger camelback than my 100oz. I sweat like a YAK when im riding in that kind of weather. Let's hope the humidity is down.