PDA

View Full Version : what does a "boost bottle" do?

diesel-mech
04-10-2004, 09:12 AM
I've seen these "boost bottles" advertised but it never gives a clear explaination about what they do or how they are mounted.
They look like they attach to your fuel line. What are they? will they work good on a 2-stroke? what is the advantage of having one?:confused:

cals400ex
04-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by diesel-mech
I've seen these "boost bottles" advertised but it never gives a clear explaination about what they do or how they are mounted.
They look like they attach to your fuel line. What are they? will they work good on a 2-stroke? what is the advantage of having one?:confused:

they are only used on 2 strokes. i don't know the details since i have never bought a two stroke. for the banshees they clamp on by the carbs. it is suppose to give a little throttle response but you probably won't notice anything from what i read.

diesel-mech
04-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Nope... I've seen them for z400 and raptors.
They also work on 4-strokes. I just don't know how they work.

nakomis0
04-10-2004, 12:07 PM
it equals the reed valve pressure between the two cylinders. but if you have a single cylinder motor they dont do much just a little more throttle responace but not worth the money to buy one.

diesel-mech
04-10-2004, 12:11 PM
So you have to have a certain type of intake system to even plumb it into the engine?

cals400ex
04-10-2004, 12:44 PM
i have never seen a boost bottle on a 4 stroke. yes, they do make intake mods and fins for some 4 strokes but i haven't heard of a boost bottle on a 4 stroke.

diesel-mech
04-10-2004, 02:00 PM
i have never seen a boost bottle on a 4 stroke. yes, they do make intake mods and fins for some 4 strokes but i haven't heard of a boost bottle on a 4 stroke.

I have never actually seen a boost bottle on a 4-stroke...(until now I wouldn't have known where to look for it anyway) I just saw the advertisement for them. I have know idea if they are a worthwhile investment. I'm not sure if they actually work on 4-strokes! I just saw them advertised for a few quads (some where 4-strokes) and couldn't find any real info on them. This is all that I am 100% sure about

AtvMxRider
04-10-2004, 03:13 PM
They are not worth it. Don't waste your money. I have never seen them on a 4 stroke.

duncanracing400
04-10-2004, 07:32 PM
there not meant for 4 strokes....ok, take a banshee for example... the tube that come strait from your airbox to your carb, u mount it on there. its supposed to have like an expansion chamber kinda effect on it, but i dont really no.... and no, they make no 4 storke kits for them, practicly cause that makes no since anyways, just 2 stokes use them.

Quad18star
04-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Boost Bottle purpose is just to create headaches . Nothing but headaches . Ive seen many guys in the snowmobile industry blow engines cuz of the boost bottles . Mostly used to equalize pressure in twin cylinder engines .