PDA

View Full Version : I think I had the slowest 400ex every made!!!!

Silver400EXinBR
04-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Well, I got my 416 kit 11.1 comp here, hot cam strage 2, and curtis sparks x-6 exaust here. She is going in the shop mnday to get everything put on and also port and polsihing it. I think my bike was the slowest one made didnt matter who the rider was.... Jut no hope So i fnally broke down and stepped up a lil and gonna make her a lil more powerful..SO what kinda gains do yall think i am gonna look at??? And with these mods does anyone have a clue where i should start with jetting? Just a lil excited now...Finally gonna be able to keep up!!!!

JOEX
04-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Did you check the throttle lever for proper adjustment? There have been reports that the throttle doesn't fully open on some quads.

Sounds like you will have a screamer when you're done.:)

cals400ex
04-10-2004, 01:45 AM
dude i know how your feeling. i have a 10.8:1 ross 406, stage 2, x-6, fcr, filter,etc and i get beat fairly easliy by my friend with a 10:1 406 wiseco, x-4, stage 1, and jetted stock carb. i have no clue why. my bike has better throttle response but in the upper gears where i should be smoking him he smokes me. we are running same sized tires but i am 2 teeth smaller on the rear sprocket. my friend is even jetted rich!!! heck i don't know.

Xowner
04-10-2004, 05:58 AM
yah joex is right our 04 400ex had that problem with the throttle lever being properly adjusted and now it rips a hole lot better than before. shocked me when i got on it after adjusting it!!!!