PDA

View Full Version : did i over react?

Honda4trax250x
04-09-2004, 09:58 PM
me and my dad were driving down the road, and a kid within a group of others threw a baseball at our truck on purpose, just missed the window, the other kids ran away, but he stayed, he saw us pull into the parking lot, then he took off, i chased him across the parking lot, he tried to hop the fence behind the stores, but i grabbed him and pulled him of, pushed him against the fence i yelled at him that it was a a brand new truck, and he could of hit the window, he kept saying sorry. finally i left. afterwards i started to wonder if i over reacted, he didnt do any damage cuz it only hit the cab sheild (its a dump truck). did i freak out? i was just really Pee'd off

Chanman420q
04-09-2004, 10:02 PM
umm no, i woulda been like " what do the 5 fingers say to the face ? " SMACK:p

no but seriously, i think u were tame with just a yelling, a kid ever threw a bball at my car, id go after him with my 9 iron

batgeek
04-09-2004, 10:03 PM
no you didn't.

i woulda kept the kid there and called the cops too. what he did was very dangerous, someone could have gotten injured.

what if the ball had hit the windshield and broke it, freaking the driver out...or even cracking the windshield in a manner that te driver could not see out of it?

damn delinquent kid needed to learn a harsh lesson.

MotoX3
04-09-2004, 10:04 PM
No....I probably would've done the same...you know he probably was just showing off and thats why most kids get into trouble,trying to impress other....but still that was really dumb and immature of him:rolleyes:

Cole Trane
04-09-2004, 10:15 PM
I would've done the same........

Berry
04-09-2004, 10:17 PM
no. and you probally did the right thing, i would bet on it that he never pulls a prank like that again

sickyellow400ex
04-09-2004, 10:25 PM
i would of gave him a good lesson if he hit my truck (even tho it looks like it was at a batting cage) its just the fact that someone could of got seriously injured, cuz i know i got hit with a snowball once and it scared the crap out of me,

04-09-2004, 10:30 PM
yes...now the kids gonna for sure hit you next time...i know I would

Cole Trane
04-09-2004, 10:32 PM
okaaaayyyy..........we know who the troublemakers are now. j/k

EvilJester400EX
04-09-2004, 10:34 PM
I woulda kicked the kid in the nuts man. You underreacted.

Just kiddin'. :blah:

Rebelrider4OOex
04-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
yes...now the kids gonna for sure hit you next time...i know I would :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :devil:

toby400ex
04-09-2004, 10:59 PM
I would have pulled over and run the kid down, then back up and pull forward a few times. Lil ******
:grr:

SRH
04-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
me and my dad were driving down the road, and a kid within a group of others threw a baseball at our truck on purpose, just missed the window, the other kids ran away, but he stayed, he saw us pull into the parking lot, then he took off, i chased him across the parking lot, he tried to hop the fence behind the stores, but i grabbed him and pulled him of, pushed him against the fence i yelled at him that it was a a brand new truck, and he could of hit the window, he kept saying sorry. finally i left. afterwards i started to wonder if i over reacted, he didnt do any damage cuz it only hit the cab sheild (its a dump truck). did i freak out? i was just really Pee'd off

i would of started shaking him til he told me where hte other kids lived and where the kid that threw the rock was

toby400ex
04-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i would of started shaking him til he told me where hte other kids lived and where the kid that threw the rock was Shaking babies is dangerous.:rolleyes:

RedRider04
04-09-2004, 11:45 PM
shoulda gave him a thrashin. :devil: jk

hondarider2006
04-10-2004, 02:33 AM
na man, you did the right thing. If you were to hit him, I would say thats a little over the line, and you could get charged with many things.....it wouldn't get pretty, I'll put it that way. Sounds like you handled things well, and probably made the kid pinch a loaf off in his pants. Maybe he will think twice about what he is doing next time:p

"BLAHH"300!!
04-10-2004, 03:47 AM
What you did was right,...as far as i can tell....
.... i didn't hear the tone of your voice, or the words you spoke.
To each his own..If he's not ready to learn he wont. that goes for everyone. young and old.

BUT.... keep in mind.....kids are learning...constantly

....when you confront them, choose your words carefully
anger only make's things worse.....Remember how much you hated that mean teacher at school.......same thing...

If you were his first victim, and you were Mean to him,
....chances are...he liked it....He'll do it again.
He didn't learn anything...you scared him....one day he'll grow up and wont be afraid of you anymore.....blamm...too late...now he's in jail...

on the other hand...if you were his first, and you explained to him
how badly you coud have been hurt....make him think
.(..make somethin' up..."a kid like you hit my moms window she ran off the road........)
......Catch my drift......
....."shaking babies is dangerous"....too true....if i put my hands on you, your first reaction would be to move....thats a rebelion..you just created a hellion...

...man i'm a kid a heart...i crenge when i see parents grab their kids arms real hard in like wal mart or where ever..

Try to think what that kid might have been thinin'.
....(kids mind).."ohh shiney button"
....(mom)......."bad boy-RAH!!"...grabs him up and tells him how bad he is....THERE IS A LINE....

..........Am i the only one on this site that has thrown a rock at a car?
...Not to brag but.."been there"....ahight i will brag...
......(it is bad, i understand, i'm an adult now, blah blah)

We used to soak my sister's stuffed animals in a bucket of water..then throw em' in front of car's..not AT car's..in front.let them run into em'...(haha..like a big cotton brick).
...could you imagin......Liquid big bird...haha..."Tweet Tweet"
"ahh look honey a..." BLAMM!!...radiator's all messed up...

No i wassn't mentaly or physically abused or anything,
....I know some of you guys are "pops" I wanted to throw a grain of thought at ya' brain...

remember.
.....his goal wassn't to pour milk all over the floor,
he just didn't know any better......

.....T-Bone

2001400ex
04-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x

Absolutely not.

04-10-2004, 09:20 AM
I think you did what was right...but if someone ever threw a rock at my quad while riding...it'd be on..you'd see bodies.:devil:

04-10-2004, 09:55 AM
i agree with blah awhole lot...I used to throw little rocks at cars & this ladies window was rolled down & it hit her daughter in the face or something "she said" (i think she was lieng)...anyways, the 300 lbs. lady wanted to press chargers after she chased me down in the woods (you dont know what its like when your 9 having something like this chasing you threw the woods :eek2: ) but my neighbor talked her out of it & that was finished for me

hondarider2006
04-10-2004, 10:27 AM
friend of mine throws logs at cars...I believe he has got cought 2 or 3 times, and he finaly stoped...:eek:

andrew360
04-10-2004, 11:09 AM
I don't think you overreacted at all, but let me give you a scenario.
Last winter, we're driving along in the Dakota, and we get tagged with some iceballs. Scared the crap outta me and the wife and kid. I did what you did, threw it into park (probably did more damage there than the iceballs did:rolleyes: ) and gave chase through the snow. Caught the little ******* from behind and gave him a good shove, putting him down in the snow, As I'm getting ready to grab him up and shake the sh*t outta him, he gets up and runs. I gave chase again, and he went about a 1/4 block to his house. I knocked on the door, and his dad comes out threatening to call the cops on me. Here's the kicker - I'm an adult, he's a 15 year old punk whose parents are beleiving every word he says - I'm outta there. I hate to think what could have happened if the cops got involved. Even if they would have asked the wifey about it, it could have gotten real ugly. I mean, what proof did I have? Nighttime, can't be completely honest and say I saw his face. Anyway, I'd probably still do the same :devil:

04-10-2004, 11:23 AM
he coulda sued you for pushing him

diesel-mech
04-10-2004, 11:50 AM
;) Its funny as you get alittle older you see young kids doing stupid things. You almost can't stand how disrespectful some of them are. I see some Kids that make me so mad because they are just plain rude! Then it hits me like walking into a brickwall. THAT WAS ME 15 YEARS AGO!!!!!! I was doing that stuff, Thats how I acted!
Kids are always going to do stupid things, Then they will grow up and realize it. The next time you see a kid think about how you can help them grow to be a good person. Try to do it in a positive way so they respect you for it. All kids want a roll model, Be one
Just my 2cents.

andrew360
04-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
he coulda sued you for pushing him

No joke man; that's why I swallowed my pride and broke north....
As far as these other posts go, yeah, I'm with you. I did a bunch of stupid sh*t when I was that age, but most of it was stupid things where I coulda got hurt. My pops is a car guy, and I guess I was raised that you just don't mess with a fella's ride or his girl. I'm not being preachy or nothing, please don't get offended; I just think that messing with someone's car is way out of line. My .02....
Peace,
Drew

diesel-mech
04-10-2004, 02:21 PM
I had been caught doing some that was plain wrong when I was a kid (not throwing stuff at cars, I new better, but some kids don't) anyway, I went to juevy court and got community service. Now I did my community service and would have blown it of like any other punishment (we were painting a Church) but the guy who was incharge of us soaw that I was doing what I was supposed to be doing. He pulled me aside and asked if I was having fun. I just shrugged my shoulders. He told me I was allowed to have fun doing this job. That I was doing a good thing here and it was helping people. I should enjoy it and have some fun. He was a good man! thats what taught me a lesson. His little talk let me take pride in helping someone out, I wasn't so ashamed that I had been caught doing something "bad" Instead I felt good that I was doing something "Nice". That man was a great "roll model". That was 15 years ago and I still remember him and that he cared about me!....... Think about the effect YOU can have on some kids life. You may have the chance to do something great for them.

Mr.Offroad
04-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Berry
no. and you probally did the right thing, i would bet on it that he never pulls a prank like that again I was gonna say exactly that. A little overreacting burns things into the brains of kids. It's a whole lot more harmful if you underreact, trust me.

WEEZIL
04-10-2004, 03:58 PM
I would have sat there and beat 8 tons of crap out of him. Just a little warning for him and his buddies.

Urpoisonddream
04-10-2004, 04:33 PM
No you didn't over react at all.. That would have been so funny to see. I bet that kid almost chapped his pants... It would have been a different sorry if he would have actually hit your truck though... I bet you he learned his leason too.:p

AtvMxRider
04-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
I was gonna say exactly that. A little overreacting burns things into the brains of kids. It's a whole lot more harmful if you underreact, trust me.

Bullchit I bet the little ******* did it the next day.

Cole Trane
04-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Fo Sho^^^^^^

I know I did when I was a kid.

xr50layke
04-10-2004, 06:34 PM
throw it back :confused:

if this doesnt work...its time for the big guns....tell him you'll tell his daddy. that was the scariest sentence ever :eek:

southbeach14
04-10-2004, 06:57 PM
i bet he never does it again,

ghak99
04-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke
throw it back :confused:

if this doesnt work...its time for the big guns....tell him you'll tell his daddy. that was the scariest sentence ever :eek:

This kid probably has one of these "new age parents" that use the time out method!!!..lmao. Time out only gave me more time to think about what to do next.

....tell him you'll tell his daddy....When people said this to me when i was a kid say 8-14, I stopped at once, I knew exactly how the leather belt felt on a bare ***, and I think the old man enjoyed it! Old Fart!

I would honestly say that belt taught me more than I will probably ever give it credit for!

JBjoeEX
04-10-2004, 09:54 PM
i hope u kept the baseball, since he wanted u to have it!!!

rollie
04-10-2004, 10:00 PM
ummm no

dude a kid threw a baseball at your truck!....:o

400Riderex
04-10-2004, 10:32 PM
i would killed him, but no u did the right thing