PDA

View Full Version : only starts in neutral

ridesa02400EX
04-09-2004, 09:50 PM
i just put a parking brake blockoff on my quad and a new clutch lever and perch and i was just wondering how do i make it to where it doesnt have to be in neutral to start its a pain in the ***** havin to put it in neutral every time i wanna start it

MotoX3
04-09-2004, 09:57 PM
I think that I know what you mean but I could be thinking of something else but here goes......Theres a little black box think with a button on it....its like inside the perch thing I think.....it clicks when you pull the clutch in or press the button.....hook that back up and mount it on your bars....(we just did it with tape)....Hope Im right and I hope it helps:D :macho

ReconRider25
04-09-2004, 10:25 PM
tape the two wires that went to the stock clutch perch and tape them together.;) only thing is that it can also be stared in gear without the clutch pulled in so itll jump forward.:p

Cole Trane
04-09-2004, 10:29 PM
My buddy had this problem on his z400. He just spliced the two wires together that go into the clutch perch.

HondaMan222
04-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
I think that I know what you mean but I could be thinking of something else but here goes......Theres a little black box think with a button on it....its like inside the perch thing I think.....it clicks when you pull the clutch in or press the button.....hook that back up and mount it on your bars....(we just did it with tape)....Hope Im right and I hope it helps:D :macho

yep thats your problem, i had to zip tie mine on to the bars

quadrider400
04-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
tape the two wires that went to the stock clutch perch and tape them together.;) only thing is that it can also be stared in gear without the clutch pulled in so itll jump forward.:p

What he said... ya don't need the box hanging on the bars... just cut it off... and put the two wires together....:cool:

4wheelboy
04-09-2004, 10:44 PM
jus splice the two wires togeher an froget about that box:o

ridesa02400EX
04-10-2004, 11:24 AM
ok thanks guys:)