PDA

View Full Version : XC racing glove with more padding or something?

PhilMoore
04-09-2004, 09:45 PM
What is your favorite glove or hot setup for XC racing. My local dealer doesn't have much selection, so I am going by catalog descriptions in my search.

I am looking for a glove with more padding or something to help prevent blisters. I am looking at the Moose XCR gloves, or the Moose Monarch pass gloves because they seem to hint at having more padding. I don't have any brand or color preference, I just need a good glove.

How about grips? I put dirtbike grips on, but I had to buy two pair. I like the extra large flange on the dirtbike grips that helps pad the side of the throttle case. I had to trim the flange underneath, to allow the throttle to operate, but that is no big deal. Does anybody know of flanged grips that come in 7/8" pairs? (Regular dirtbike grips have one larger grip for the twist throttle.)

I don't care for blisters. :p

pairanutz
04-10-2004, 12:41 AM
i use moose xcr with moose underwears -with both gloves on lots off good padding -with no blisters
i use oury grips -they have large soft lugs and have a short inner shoulder to clear the thumb throttle

ex kid
04-10-2004, 06:42 AM
Renthal medium ATV grips kick ***.

Bill Fuller
04-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Oury grips and I wear bicycle gloves underneath(the kind with no fingers)make sure there the glooves are big enough so you can put them on over the other gloves.

johnson357
04-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Blister Resister:D Under whatever glove and grip combo that works for you everybody is different. You can see Mike or Morris Penland at the GNCC and they will have some Blister Resister gloves with them. You wear them under you reg. riding gloves.

markk
04-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
Renthal medium ATV grips kick ***.
I thought the same thing for years untill i was talked into trying some spyders, and i will never buy another pair of Renthals, My spyders are amazing!

04-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by markk
I thought the same thing for years untill i was talked into trying some spyders, and i will never buy another pair of Renthals, My spyders are amazing!

Them renthals are great grips but gave me blisters every time I rode. Spyder grips cured the problem...:o

cdalejef
04-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Moose M1 gloves and Spider grips :macho

Ryan
04-12-2004, 09:35 AM
"Pro Grips" Are also very comfortable. They are the best grips I have used so far.

PhilMoore
04-13-2004, 08:09 PM
I got my order today.

I got some Renthal medium atv/quad grips. However, I may not use them because the flange on them is too small. There will be no protection for the throttle case. The compound feels fairly decent, and they have the smooth side transitions to the heavy grid on the other.

I also got a set of OURY atv grips. They have a large flange, but they have that heavy square design all the way around. The composition of the rubber seems much more stiff, which feels as though it may induce blisters...

I was at the dealer yesterday, and lo and behold they had Spider grips! They have a nice soft compound, and a large flange for inside protection for throttle and clutch side. I believe I will install these and send the others back!

I also got the Moose Monarch pass gloves. They feel slightly thicker than my Thor Phase gloves. They also have a leather patch in the thumb, we shall see how that works.

I don't know where to look for "blister resistor". If I find them, I will try it.

Thanks everybody, I will post back after my race on May 2nd with a report on the grips and gloves.

I installed a PEP steering dampner, which seems to work pretty well in conjunction with my Houser Wrist Rester. I don't seem to have to have a death grip on the bars with this setup.

I also ordered some Elka shocks all around. If they get here in time, they should help immensely!

04-14-2004, 12:07 AM
I had Pro Grip Grips and i love them..very soft and no blisters at all...stock grips just suck and my hands are so callaused(sp?) from it.