PDA

View Full Version : I denff. have problems ( jetting)

quadin52
04-09-2004, 05:57 PM
i got a pro circut slip on air box lid off and a k &n fliter and now i have moved my needle 2 clips , i have a 155 main and a 42 pilot and still runs like CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i iove in iowa if that helps for elevation I will take any advice thaks

hondarider2006
04-10-2004, 02:29 AM
well the only info you gave us is that it "runs like crap" which means what?? Where at, like throttle position wise does it run like that? And how is it running, like sputtering, backfirering or what? How many turns are you out on your air/mixture screw, and did you move your clip 2 notches up or down??

KY Woods Rider
04-10-2004, 03:56 AM
This is what comes to my mind...
Pilot: the 42 sounds fine, the screw should be about 2-2.5 turns out.
Needle: you'll probably have the best luck with the clip in the 4th notch down from the top.
Main: go up to at least a 158 and try it, then re-evaluate it to decide whether it needs to go higher or drop back down.

cals400ex
04-10-2004, 12:12 PM
yeah, i would try around a 155 to 158 main. needle clip in 3rd or 4th position from the top. 42 pilot is fine. fuel skrew at about 2 or 2.5 turns out. you need to make sure you don't have any air leaks in the air boots holding the carbs on too.

give us some more details. what throttle position is it running bad at??????????

quadin52
04-12-2004, 07:04 PM
when i slowly rev if to full throttle then let off for i sec then punch it full throttle to just sputters then it will go

quadin52
04-12-2004, 07:08 PM
where is your air/ fuel screw??

KY Woods Rider
04-12-2004, 09:42 PM
If you're trying to snap it wide-open quickly while you're sitting in neutral or in too high of a gear while riding, you'll have a hesitation. If it does it during normal riding with a load on the engine, then you're either rich or lean somewhere, my guess is on the needle. If it sputters and coughs once or twice like you've flooded it, it's too rich. If it doesn't have a miss but just feels like it loses all power and then suddenly takes off like a rocket, or if it feels jumpy and starts popping and cracking, it's too lean.

The pilot screw (AKA air/fuel screw) is located at the front of the carb, ahead of the float bowl, on the bottom, pointing downward. If you're looking from the left side (shifter side) of the quad, it will be partially hidden behind the bracket for the idle adjuster.