PDA

View Full Version : Sparks X-6, good or no?

Hondaluva
04-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Looking for a full system for my 440. I seem to hear a lot about the Sparks X-6. The only problem is I ride State land where a spark arrestor is required and I don't want to be terribly annoying in terms of noise. But I need good performance. Check my engine mods in my sig. Thanks!!!

hondarider2006
04-09-2004, 03:55 PM
The sparks is a very good pipe. But I am not sure if it has a spark arrestor. I know the HMF is also a good pipe, and it does have a spark arrestor:)

Foxnake42
04-09-2004, 05:58 PM
just got mine for 416. it leaks out of the back of the silencer where it mets the pipe

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-09-2004, 09:14 PM
I like my x6 and mine is spark arrested Disc style they are working on a screen style one also.

Hondaluva
04-10-2004, 07:15 AM
just got mine for 416. it leaks out of the back of the silencer where it mets the pipe

That’s it Foxnake42? No other input?

I know everybody is absolutely bored to death with discussion on pipes here, but I was hoping for a little more input on the sparks system and ultimately hoping to open up a general discussion on full exhaust for the 440. Maybe I should search the archives…Or repost? :confused: :grr:

Giz400ex
04-10-2004, 07:46 AM
Just to let you know that the Sparks is pretty loud! Just about one of the loudest exhausts out there. That was one of the reason why I got rid of mine.

cals400ex
04-10-2004, 12:07 PM
where the silencer is mounted on, it may leak a little bit from either the front and/or the back by the end cap a bit. it will be really hard for them to not leak there when it is held on by rivots. they know about it. i noticed that with my first one so i sent it back and they told me that was 100% normal. however, they sent me a new one and it didn't do it quite as bad, however, it still does it a bit. don't get me wrong, it isn't that bad or noticable. you will only notice it if your sticking your hand in front and back of the silencer and looking for it. my friends big gun did the same exact thing.

Giz400ex
04-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
where the silencer is mounted on, it may leak a little bit from either the front and/or the back by the end cap a bit. it will be really hard for them to not leak there when it is held on by rivots. they know about it. i noticed that with my first one so i sent it back and they told me that was 100% normal. however, they sent me a new one and it didn't do it quite as bad, however, it still does it a bit. don't get me wrong, it isn't that bad or noticable. you will only notice it if your sticking your hand in front and back of the silencer and looking for it. my friends big gun did the same exact thing. Was it you that was thinking about an LRD??? If so, did you get one or no??

cals400ex
04-10-2004, 04:50 PM
i did think about an LRD but i ended up with the sparks. i was asking you how you like the lrd compared to the sparks but i think i already had sparks when i asked you for the comparison.

Foxnake42
04-11-2004, 12:06 PM
the pipe looks awesome performs awesome, sounds awesome. I will give it that :macho

quad_quazy
04-11-2004, 03:36 PM
I had the same motor mods (including exhaust) and added the X-6 and it made a noticable difference. you can buy a supertrap insert for the rear from sparks that converts it into a disk type end that is a spark arrestor, tunable, and quieter. I had to do that to run some harescrambles. While I was putting the new insert on I repacked it also. If I remember it cost about $100 to my door. If you look on their website I think they sell a spark arrested version, which is probably just that end cap on it.