PDA

View Full Version : Best 250r MX setup

Knips178
04-09-2004, 10:07 AM
I will be starting with basically stock 250r motor and want to get it MX ready. What should I do to it?

it does have a 38mm carb and a TT pipe on it now. And for ama rules it can't go over 265cc.

250rmike
04-09-2004, 05:54 PM
whats done to the chassis i would mod that first but if thats already done then i would get a good mid range pipe some reeds makes sure the motor is running strong, maybe bore it and rebuild it if it needs it. it all depends on what class ur racing and how much money youve got. if money is not an option go for the duncan racing powervalved top end with a built bottom end. but if money is restricted then id say just a good filter, reeds make sure the carb is cleaned and jetted properly, maybe some port work but get it done at a good 2 stroke shop(porting can make a huge difference), maybe mill the head a few thousanths, then just the pipe and silencer. that shoud be an alright set up for some lower level racing. dont even start asking about what types of pipes though cause everyone likes there own brand. i would say keep the tt but i believe they are more for top end. but correct me if im wrong. that should get you started