PDA

View Full Version : Busted by the Popo (pun intended)

LazeR
04-09-2004, 02:34 AM
Well so it's 11pm so my friend and i decided to make the 6 mile trip to the nearest town from us that has a pool table and a place to eat! We get done eating at like 1230am and head home.... Well on the way home i decided to stop by our school since there is a pavement hill type thing and test out my trucks articulation and sidehill it! After about 10mins i look down at the main road and see this car driving by kinda fast with a spotlight pointed up towards us! it was lookin in the school fields though for what i don't know! Anyway i'm like well he will prolly come back and tell us to leave since its like 1245am... So we get in my truck and leave.... First street we go by hes creeping up to the stop sign with his lights turned off! I just kinda laughed! I go to the stop sign make a left... go 2 roads down make another left to go up the road towards my house, i get to the 3rd road up and i see him again! He pulls up to the stop sign slowly and waits for me to get up the road a lil bit and then kind of follows me! Well i didn't technically do anything wrong so i'm like eh whatever! I pull down my driveway and get rdy to back into my part of the driveway and here comes the officer! So i shut off my truck, get out and talk to him! He's all were you just at the highschool i'm like yes sir.. and he asked what i was doing there i said seeing how my truck articulates! He asked for my license and took down the info because supposedly they gotta get anyones info who is at the school late at night incase there trying to steal stuff or something! So he took my info, then my friends and then hes like you know your out past curfew right.... I'm like no, and i actually didn't because for my license the first year you can't drive between 12am-6am well ive had my license a year and 7 months so i figured that was done with ! Well there is a state law saying i can't be out past 12 but he just asked if we knew and then explained it... and hes like well your at home now right ? and im all yea hes like ok have a good night... Quite exciting! Mind you his lights are facing my parents room this whole time! I don't think they woke up but i will tell them tomorrow so they can get a laugh in! Sorry its so long

400exdad
04-09-2004, 07:19 AM
From what I can tell, a little respect may have gone a long way for ya!

UglyMotha™
04-09-2004, 07:45 AM
man!, i kept waiting for the point, but it never came :huh

lol
04-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by 400exdad

I thing being courteous got u out of it also

rollie
04-09-2004, 08:00 AM
From what I can tell, a little respect may have gone a long way for ya! :D

JDiablo
04-09-2004, 08:11 AM

little things like that can keep you out of trouble so remember that anytime your in trouble or soemthing;)

CowsBitePeople
04-09-2004, 08:16 AM
Dont try to lie to cops it doesnt work, good story though:macho

Berry
04-09-2004, 09:21 AM
shoulda run:o

markk
04-09-2004, 09:31 AM
GOOD STORY??????? j/k

04-09-2004, 09:42 AM
i woulda talked bad to him & ran

LazeR
04-09-2004, 09:57 AM

I'm confused about this ? I don't see how i disrespected him! I understood he was doing his job i just kinda thought it was funny!

also i didn't lie to him.... It's fun to screw around on the hill there i think i have a picture of my truck parked on the hill somewhere i'll try to find one

LazeR
04-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
man!, i kept waiting for the point, but it never came :huh

Was no point :blah: Just figured i'd share!

04-09-2004, 10:10 AM
he was trying to ay that since you were "respectful" using "Yes Sir" & stuff that thats prob. one of the main reasons he let you go ;)

LazeR
04-09-2004, 10:13 AM
ahhhhhh MY BAD! sorry i've had 1 and a half hours of sleep! I just got on here for a few.... Sorry about that 400exdad....i read it wrong!

My parents brought me up right i could say.... That and it woulda been stupid to disrespect him just because he was only doing his job! and if he really wanted to he prolly coulda got me on the curfew thing!

quadrider400
04-09-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
Dont try to lie to cops it doesnt work, good story though:macho

Hard to out run radio :eek2: Not to mention the tickets are higher :huh But hey cops love a good chase..... :p

Stick w/ respect.... it will go farther....

SmokinEX
04-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Well I was on my way to work yesterday and a little over the speed limit. was doin 100 in a 70 zone when i passed by the cop , he spun the car around in the middle of the road and came and pulled me over , gave me a speeding ticket $387.50
doesn't that seem a bit much ?

popo
04-09-2004, 03:44 PM
YUR LUCKY I DID'NT PULL YOU OVER MISTER.

400exdad
04-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by SmokinEX
... gave me a speeding ticket $387.50
doesn't that seem a bit much ?

Sounds like you could have gotten a wreckless driving... they're just as bad as a DUI. On your record for 5 yrs!

turnandburn
04-09-2004, 10:41 PM
nope i paid $250.00 for 77 in a 55. It aint cheap! Dont go over if you cant pay the fine just grin and bear it.:)

WKY400EX
04-10-2004, 01:44 PM
400exdad is right. Always be courteous and honest to the police. If you've broken the law, there's no reason to lie. They'll know if you're lying or not. Just admit that you've done wrong, and know that you shouldn't have. If you're sincere, many times, the officers will let you go with a lesser punishment, just because you don't jerk them around with a load of B.S.;)