PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else use Plastic renew?

maxthrottle
04-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I saw the plastic renew review on this site, but ive heard bad things about it...Anyone here use it and have an opinion on it?

Mitch_McComb
04-09-2004, 01:31 PM
I would only waste my time on Plastic Renew if it is an old atv.
I used it on my 1984 Honda Trx200 and it turned out great. At the end of it all (and a lot of time spent) I would have rathered purchased a new set of fenders (and I would have if I could find some). I would check for the forum about clearcoating your fenders. It seems to be a better alternative.

nakomis0
04-10-2004, 03:23 PM
I use plastic renew....

As far as repairing scratched plastics, it works but its a big job.

When I use it I just throw a few coats on to keep the shine up.... it does an awesome job at that.

I don't worry about doing all the work to buff my scratches out... I just have really shiny scratches.:huh

I like the product but just for the purpose of it keeping my plastics always shiny.

James Parent
04-11-2004, 10:55 AM
i used it and my plastics look brand new.. but i did buy 5 extra sheets of sand paper, and spent about 4 hours on the whole bike.. after all that the plasics will def look brand new.. i wish i would have known about clearcoating before i did it though

overall im very happy with the outcome
james

sheaff400ex
04-11-2004, 04:07 PM
I've used some plastic renewal a few years back. I agree that if you put allot of elbow grease into it will look good. If you cut corners when sanding it will look like took shortcuts.

-Ryan

exrider123
04-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by maxthrottle
I saw the plastic renew review on this site, but ive heard bad things about it...Anyone here use it and have an opinion on it?

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96269