PDA

View Full Version : auto clutch problems?

chuckles
04-08-2004, 10:49 PM
I was riding the last month at Hatfield Mccoy and after i navigated a large mud hole i was comming out of the other end and my foot half shifted between gears and there was this loud clanky grinding noise...kinda like shaking a bolt in a mason jar....after about 2 seconds it stopped and jerked into gear and took off with no more problems and no more noise. My question is what exactly was that as i am unfamiliar with the workings of a clutch and did i break anything or tear anything up or should i have it check out. The quad is a Honda 300 fourtrax 4x4...thanks for the help guys..

04-08-2004, 10:51 PM
those honda fourtrax's will go through anything & everything...I had one & neevr did one thing except ut fuel in it..I neevr even changed the oil for 2,000+ miles & it ran perfect....your engine is prob. fine

ReconRider25
04-11-2004, 06:51 PM
its just grinding gears, are you a second owner? cuz theres prob some broken teeth floating around in there. but dont worry, as along as you dont wear the gear smooth and manage to strip all the teeth off itll be fine.

toby400ex
04-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
its just grinding gears, are you a second owner? cuz theres prob some broken teeth floating around in there. but dont worry, as along as you dont wear the gear smooth and manage to strip all the teeth off itll be fine. So you are saying that somewhat large chunks of steel floating around in the engine arent a bad thing?:huh