PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever Tried a Tornado

Matt400ex_17
04-08-2004, 10:12 PM
I have a buddy at work who asked me if i knew anyone that has ever tried putting one of them air tornadoes for you car on you quad. Sounds kinda interesting they work for cars and I was wondering if you were to buy one for like a festiva or aspire or someting if it might not work.

400exdad
04-08-2004, 10:33 PM
I don't believe in those, miracle oil treatments or cow magnets. ;)

Out_Sider
04-08-2004, 10:40 PM
idk, it'd be interesting to see tho!

660RaptorRider
04-08-2004, 11:23 PM
no its not a oil or gas treatment if i remember it has sumtin to do with the intake. better performance and gas mileage i believe.

RMX500
04-08-2004, 11:56 PM
tornado's are a scam.. hence why nobody will endorce it

they are just as much a scam as those plastic "super chargers"

it's a little turbine shaped thing that you stick in your intake and it is supposed to do something to improve some kinda flow but it just restricts your airflow and makes your car huff n puff even more.

04-09-2004, 07:13 AM
We've talked about this before on the page many times and pretty much everyone said it's a POS product. :blah: You'll loose performance before gaining..

UglyMotha™
04-09-2004, 07:39 AM
is this some kind of drink :confused:

stupid driver
04-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
is this some kind of drink :confused:

i was wonderin the same thing. :rolleyes:

RMX500
04-09-2004, 09:40 AM
yeah! obviously a DRINK goes in a vehicles INTAKE.

man o man.. :huh

X-SLaYeR
04-09-2004, 10:11 AM
funny.. everyone i know that has one has had a noticeable increase in gas mileage and a little bit of power increase. In their cars of course, not ATVs.

The tornado directs air into the intake, and allows more air to flow in a more efficient manner. It looks like a little aluminum fan blade and it spins the air as it enters the engine like a tornado (hence the name).

As far as putting it on your ATV, I dont see why it wouldnt work. It may not give a balls out gain... but it might add a hp or two.

Someone try it and give a report!:D

UglyMotha™
04-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by RMX500
yeah! obviously a DRINK goes in a vehicles INTAKE.

man o man.. :huh

did you really put fox shocks on your predator, that's sweet did you notice a big improvement over the stock ones :huh :rolleyes:

Juggalo
04-09-2004, 10:42 AM
we've got a dyno at school here. if somebody wants to send me their tornado i'd gladly throw it on one of our shop cars and run it on the dyno after establishing a baseline without it and see if we get a power increase. i'd send it back afterwords i'm no theif i'd just like to see if the claims are true.

Towlieee
04-09-2004, 11:07 AM
If you watch the commercial for it, some old lady is like 'I took my geo metro into the shop to be worked on, the mechanic took it for a test drive and came back with a cop and had a speeding ticket!'

basically the tornado can allow a geo metro to hit speeds in excess of 30 mph!

And the test they do to show how much more air the tornado flows, they take a clear tube and stuck a fan blade in the middle.. actually its not a fan blade, its a thing with blades going sideways that will not spin from straight up and down air.. they stick a tornado on it which spins the air and the fan starts spinning really fast and they say thats the increased air flow.. however it could only possibly slow the air down, it just sends it in a spiral that makes the fan twist.. quiet sad

hawiianpwr
04-09-2004, 01:30 PM
They did a test awhile back in HOTROD with different intakes(like the K&N filter alone, Tornado, K&N's whole intake kit, and accel's filter.) The tornado should no improvement. Its a gimmick! Spend your money on something else.

nakomis0
04-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Its definately a gimmik. The idea behind it I think was more of how it atomized (sp) the fuel with the air allowing it burn more effeciently.

BTW I'm selling superchargers. its a computer fan mounted to your airbox. appox. 5-8 hp gain. $20

thomas
04-09-2004, 06:50 PM
There is a thing called Power Now for FCR carbs and some 2 smoke carbs. I got one on my FCR and it helps low end and starting. Just a thought!!!