PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new quad

division
04-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi,

I recently purchased a used '98 Grizzly 600, my first quad. It's a lot of fun but I think I want something with a little more kick that I can jump as well.

I've done a bit of reading and so far, the TRX450R looks like a great machine. My question to you more experienced riders is, after only 2 months of riding, is it too much too fast? Would something like a 400EX be more appropriate and less ... deadly?

Part of me says to learn more about riding before investing all that money, but the bigger part of me just wants to have more fun.

By the way, I'm 23, 6'2 230lbs if it matters as far as matching a quad to my size.

Thanks for any advice!

Regards,
Chris

WOracing
04-08-2004, 05:46 PM
two months of you riding will probably not be enough experience. The 400ex is a mint machine but i wouldnt recomend it to a bigger guy like you. You would probably be happier with the 450r. It has amazing suspension...just read my article lol...and it is fit for the taller guys. But you would not want to start jumping right when you get it. Get used to the machine and most important...have fun. I have had my 450r for 2 months and I love it. I would def. recomend this machine to anyone. RIDE RED...cuz yammi breaks. Today my freinds exaust on his blaster disconnected from his mount. And hondas run forever...and they are so reliable. My 400ex has never let me down.

division
04-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the reply! Good stuff.

I won't be buying anything until at least September. I definitely need more riding time but I don't want to rush into buying anything either.

Nice to know that it'll fit though! I hopped on a 400EX at a dealership a few weeks ago and indeed felt a little cramped.

Thanks again. Have a good one.

twisted threads
04-09-2004, 04:22 AM
I have two friends that have never owend a quad before and they both now have trx450r's. They love there bikes but if you get a 450r put a 13tooth sprocket on the front, it helps alot. My brother has a trx450r also with a HRC kit and a 13tooth sprocket and that bike is a blast to ride.:cool: Have fun no matter what your ride and welcome to EXriders!:D