PDA

View Full Version : Blaster Mods??

RUNMYTA
04-08-2004, 04:38 PM
I have a friend that just bought a 2004 Blaster... I know, I know, why would I let a true friend buy a blaster!!! I didn't know until it was to late!!

Anyway, what are some true worth while mods to do to it? It already has a pipe and silencer and K&N filter. Will a Rad Valve help? What about a reed spacer? Also we are looking into a timing advance key. Thanks for the input! Mike:macho

spyder
04-08-2004, 06:56 PM
I used to race a blaster maybe i can help, Defently get a reed spaccer but beware it's pain to put in the carb dosen't want to be pushed back due to the trottle over ride system my suggestion is either get the override get or a bigger carb<--best idea, also tell him to think about a 240 national kit for Trengaracing.com awesome power.

nakomis0
04-09-2004, 12:17 AM
The spacer is a good idea, its very cheap and decent gains. Carbon fiber reeds work well with the spacer.

A much better and much more expensive option would be V-force cages and reeds.

But by far the cheapest and most Hp gain would come from just milling the head.

Other than those its your basics... larger carb, big bore, porting.....

RUNMYTA
04-09-2004, 07:41 AM
How far should we have the head milled?

nj300exr
04-09-2004, 08:23 AM
first off, get rid of the injectio system if its still on their,then get the hydraulic brake kit from trenga, then there is some kit you can buy fro the carb, not sure about this one, my cuz did it to his, gave it better thottle response and got rid of some saftey thing ewith the carb that always had problems, then after you get all that starightned out go to work withe the real goodies.

spyder
04-09-2004, 04:40 PM
you only need to mill the head a few thousandths, to keep from running race fuel

nakomis0
04-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by RUNMYTA
How far should we have the head milled?

.020 comes to mind, but its been quite a long long time sense I modded a blaster. Could be .040. Might have to call a builder i'd try Vito's Performance out of Oxford, MI.

I also wanna second the hydrolic rear brake thing. The rear brake on a blaster is the biggest/un safe turd, I have ever seen. Thank god they don't use it anymore.

RUNMYTA
04-09-2004, 05:39 PM
It is a 2004 and came factory with hydrolic brakes. ABOUT TIME!