PDA

View Full Version : Pulse of the maggots

Brad
04-08-2004, 03:34 PM
great great great song, i love the beginning beat...what about every1 else

ShiftFMX
04-08-2004, 03:42 PM
it's (sic)! i downloaded it a few weeks ago! i cant wait till may 25th!!

SAY IT AGAIN, SAY IT AGAIN!
WE ARE THE PULSE OF THE MAGGOTS!

see if you can find 'skin ticket' another great unrealeased song!

:devil:

kamikaze_rzrbak
04-08-2004, 03:53 PM
who are you guys talking about? Slipknot?

ShiftFMX
04-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Yessir

kamikaze_rzrbak
04-08-2004, 04:00 PM
im a huge freaking slipknot fan!!:devil: it's truly sad how this will be their last album. i will be disappointed if they try to change their sound again like they did with iowa

Nausty
04-08-2004, 04:01 PM
IS it a new song or something? I wanna hear it! Anyone got any links to download it or something? I got rid of my imesh so i can't download **** anymore.

I'm going to a slipknot concert in des moine pretty soon. I can't wait! Its gonna be ****ing awsome.

ShiftFMX
04-08-2004, 04:02 PM
gimme a few minutes and i'll put it up on my site...

batgeek
04-08-2004, 04:07 PM
funny you mention this...i'm right about to leave to goto the concert right now :D

let ya know how it goes.

Pvt. Maggot
04-08-2004, 04:09 PM
:devil: :devil: :devil: SLIPKNOT!!!!!!!! its awsomee...the cd will be mine :devil: my fav band ever :D

ShiftFMX
04-08-2004, 04:16 PM
hey geocities isnt workin too well right now, so if you IM me on AIM or msn i'll send it to you :devil:

Nausty
04-08-2004, 04:16 PM
exactly, my all time favorite band! Is that where you got ur name pvt maggot? I just made that connection when I opened up the thread the first time.

ShiftFMX
04-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey Dustin, you ever meet em or see em? they're from Iowa :macho

Brad
04-08-2004, 04:22 PM
www.slipknot1.com

or im me bradx96

Nausty
04-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Killa250ex
Hey Dustin, you ever meet em or see em? they're from Iowa :macho

i havn't seen em' but I don't really know who i'm looking for either. I'm only about half an hour from where they are from tho.

BassBunny26
04-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Hey!! I haven't heard the song yet but I'm on my way to...Tomorrow night...lol. LIVE..

Are any of you going to Washington, DC to the NATION Club to go see Slipknot, Fear Factory, and Chamaira (<---might got the spelling wrong...)???

Dude! There were 3 tickets left when we called the club a few weeks ago....It's the Jagemeister Tour 2004. I can't wait to go. I was just curious to see if any ExRider/Maggot was going. lol! I am so surprised..my mom was like "Fine, I'll go!" and i was hysterically laughing.

To be honest...there might be one ticket left cuz the club manager said that no one ever called to ask about it....

$27.50 ain't bad to go see those masked demons....

So...is anyone going....Or even going to one of the tours??

+dEe+

p.s. - should I post about it sometime this weekend?? I know yer all dying to hear...lol.

Nausty
04-08-2004, 04:46 PM
hehe I got it for a buck 50 cheaper!

Yeah tell us how it was, I can't wait tell me and my friends go to des moines for the concert. Home town baby!

BassBunny26
04-08-2004, 04:50 PM
D@nG you man...lol and I thought I had a good deal...haha. yeah yeah I'll tell ya all. I wish i could take all of you....

+dEe+

Brad
04-08-2004, 05:34 PM
damn...there all sold here:( sold in like 30 seconds...lol please tell me how it went i really do wanna hear

darrell43031
04-08-2004, 05:52 PM
i love slipknot me and foxrage are going to see them next weekend in columbus! this is going to be one bad ***** concet. and as an added bonus it's foxrage's very first concert:D i hope he's prepared to have his ear drums busted

Pvt. Maggot
04-08-2004, 06:22 PM
i'm goin to ozzfest to see them. i wanna go to that one your going to dee but i don't think its coming around me...oh well ozzfest will work...by the way. hi dee. :)

darrell43031
04-08-2004, 06:35 PM
yeah i think i'm going to see them at ozzfest too. it's too tempting not to seeing how i live like 30 minutes from the amplitheater:) ...and oh what up maggot :d

BassBunny26
04-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Hey! I said I'd let you know how it all went - So I'm gunna tell you. Yeah, so last night, I walked down to the Nation club, about a half a black away from our Hotel (yeah mommy went - she insisted hah :rolleyes: ) and so, we had to wait outside!

The line almost circled the entire building, and it was NOT small by any means, it held up to like.... over 3,000 people which is a decent size for some club.

While we waited outside, they had a special guest, Sworn Enemy (heard of them, but I never listened to them) play before the first REAL band came out - Chimaira. I was disappointed cuz the show was really on at 7, but stupid band wanted to play about a half hour earlier. They ONLY played for like - 20 minutes (no joke) and just - left off the stage, apparently. We still were outside, so we just got to hear them.

Finally, we got inside, got our tickets, and headed for the pit, considering the fact that all the two upper levels (was a tri-level club) and everyone was already hogging the railings, so we had no other choice but the pit. We ended up stealing the stairs that led upstairs, but a bouncer dude told us to stay off the steps, so we proceded down to the back of the mosh pit.

It was pretty calm for the back. See - there's a little sound system in the center of the entire mosh pit (which I think is kinda stupid/strange) - but hey, so I stood behind there to the very back.

Chimaira was great! They are extremely loud and heavy, I really really really liked them! They were perfect live. I was surprised. Long haired head bangers for sure! They play awesome metal.

So then, they set up for Fear Factory! Fear Factory was ok. They were heavy, but the music was like - all the same....I didn't like that part of it. I don't like the same sound over and over, but their old music was amazing! It was so much better! I don't understand why they didn't stay with the kickin' music they had back in 1992! :huh Oh well. But they were good.

Yes, next was Slipknot! My GOD! What AN AWESOME band live. They were amazing. They played their great songs: Sic, Disaster Piece, Iowa (first half of it), Wait and Bleed, Eyeless, Duality (their new one which was amazing), Heretic Anthem, Purity (which Corey Taylor said it was about a chick with Aids...) and a few others. Can't think of em all now. They played for over an hour. We were all screaming when they left off stage.

The masks were amazing! I love the new ones. Shawn Crahan (Clown Dude) was hysterical. His mask was soooooo funny!! I loved it. Some bloody bandaged, clown nosed mask. I loved it.

Corey's was flippin' great too!! It was sweet. They all were, but those two stood out really well.

Corey did this "the craziest crowd" test with us, to like make a dividing line through the crowd, then shove each other until yew get to the other side of the room. And all this stuff. The back of the pit was calmer, so we didn't. But then, he told us to get on the floor, and i got the back pumped up and was sitting ont he ground and some maggot behind be started and some chick and her boyfriend and my mom too! Then Corey told us to jump up and we all did. Then these maggots behind us started shoving everyone and pushed me, my mom, couple guys, and this little short chick into the sound system area and the bouncer shoved us back out into the crowd. My mom smashed her back on this pipe-looking gate around the sound system. He was really stoned...and got people messed up.

That was my first time in a hardcore pit. But it was great. Anyway, I moved out, making sure my mom was ok. So I ended up back on the steps with this maggot guy who was moshing up and down the steps, the bouncer stopped telling us to move out of the way, and everything - everyone was flipping off the air (technically) and we were all trypin' - it was great.

Some guy in the crowd threw! his! Pants! up at Corey and he was like "I got enuff ---- clothes!" Then he sipped some water bottle and threw the whoel thing at the guy! That had to hurt. lol. But hey - it was great!!!! :devil: I love Slipknot.

It was wild! I loved it.

Everyone MUST SEE SLIPKNOT!!! THEY ARE AMAZING!!! I LOVE THEM!

Their new CD will be awesome....must get it. I know I'll be there when it comes out...hehe. :) Well, hope you guys get to see them some time.

I'm out...

+dEe+

Brad
04-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by BassBunny26
Hey! I said I'd let you know how it all went - So I'm gunna tell you. Yeah, so last night, I walked down to the Nation club, about a half a black away from our Hotel (yeah mommy went - she insisted hah :rolleyes: ) and so, we had to wait outside!

The line almost circled the entire building, and it was NOT small by any means, it held up to like.... over 3,000 people which is a decent size for some club.

While we waited outside, they had a special guest, Sworn Enemy (heard of them, but I never listened to them) play before the first REAL band came out - Chimaira. I was disappointed cuz the show was really on at 7, but stupid band wanted to play about a half hour earlier. They ONLY played for like - 20 minutes (no joke) and just - left off the stage, apparently. We still were outside, so we just got to hear them.

Finally, we got inside, got our tickets, and headed for the pit, considering the fact that all the two upper levels (was a tri-level club) and everyone was already hogging the railings, so we had no other choice but the pit. We ended up stealing the stairs that led upstairs, but a bouncer dude told us to stay off the steps, so we proceded down to the back of the mosh pit.

It was pretty calm for the back. See - there's a little sound system in the center of the entire mosh pit (which I think is kinda stupid/strange) - but hey, so I stood behind there to the very back.

Chimaira was great! They are extremely loud and heavy, I really really really liked them! They were perfect live. I was surprised. Long haired head bangers for sure! They play awesome metal.

So then, they set up for Fear Factory! Fear Factory was ok. They were heavy, but the music was like - all the same....I didn't like that part of it. I don't like the same sound over and over, but their old music was amazing! It was so much better! I don't understand why they didn't stay with the kickin' music they had back in 1992! :huh Oh well. But they were good.

Yes, next was Slipknot! My GOD! What AN AWESOME band live. They were amazing. They played their great songs: Sic, Disaster Piece, Iowa (first half of it), Wait and Bleed, Eyeless, Duality (their new one which was amazing), Heretic Anthem, Purity (which Corey Taylor said it was about a chick with Aids...) and a few others. Can't think of em all now. They played for over an hour. We were all screaming when they left off stage.

The masks were amazing! I love the new ones. Shawn Crahan (Clown Dude) was hysterical. His mask was soooooo funny!! I loved it. Some bloody bandaged, clown nosed mask. I loved it.

Corey's was flippin' great too!! It was sweet. They all were, but those two stood out really well.

Corey did this "the craziest crowd" test with us, to like make a dividing line through the crowd, then shove each other until yew get to the other side of the room. And all this stuff. The back of the pit was calmer, so we didn't. But then, he told us to get on the floor, and i got the back pumped up and was sitting ont he ground and some maggot behind be started and some chick and her boyfriend and my mom too! Then Corey told us to jump up and we all did. Then these maggots behind us started shoving everyone and pushed me, my mom, couple guys, and this little short chick into the sound system area and the bouncer shoved us back out into the crowd. My mom smashed her back on this pipe-looking gate around the sound system. He was really stoned...and got people messed up.

That was my first time in a hardcore pit. But it was great. Anyway, I moved out, making sure my mom was ok. So I ended up back on the steps with this maggot guy who was moshing up and down the steps, the bouncer stopped telling us to move out of the way, and everything - everyone was flipping off the air (technically) and we were all trypin' - it was great.

Some guy in the crowd threw! his! Pants! up at Corey and he was like "I got enuff ---- clothes!" Then he sipped some water bottle and threw the whoel thing at the guy! That had to hurt. lol. But hey - it was great!!!! :devil: I love Slipknot.

It was wild! I loved it.

Everyone MUST SEE SLIPKNOT!!! THEY ARE AMAZING!!! I LOVE THEM!

Their new CD will be awesome....must get it. I know I'll be there when it comes out...hehe. :) Well, hope you guys get to see them some time.

I'm out...

+dEe+

sounds like the show ruled. glad to hear ya had fun, is your mom alrite?

Greg Z
04-11-2004, 12:21 PM
I use to be a big slipknot fan until the disapointed ME with death metal i want to kill you Iowa..

please... IF this album Is anything like iowa im gonna wipe the CD with my *** and burn it...

slipknot isnt hardcore there nu-metal... after there second album i was soooooooooooooooooooooooo disapointed...

EDIT ::: (pulse of the maggots)I just listind to half the song and must I say im disapointed.. Still not like old slipknot.. Hes not even screaming hes shouting..................... im disapointed still...

go listin to some real hardcoree:o

BassBunny26
04-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Ahh yeah my mom's ok...her back hurts a bit....lol. But hey! I smashed and bruised my knee just from hitting it off a wall! Such a good time.....lol.... Yeah Slipknot actually said they weren't real happy with the IOWA Cd - cuz everything was so messed up at the time....I read a big article in Metal Edge about it. They claim the new CD is gunna be really different...but better....so hey - i still give 'Knot the credit...i love em.

+dEe+

:D

BassBunny26
04-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah - I forgot to tell you guys about the funniest most hysterical part of the entire show! Ok, they had this guy hired (i think) to keep the crowd busy between set ups for the bands.

He had like a green mohawk, he was like older (30's maybe...) lol, and all these green tatoos on his back and everything - ok so after Chimaira got off stage, he took a condom and put it up thru his nose!! then down like...the back pipe that leads to yer throat (er whatever) and like...flossed his nose with it!!! :eek2: I was like! OMG!... it was so gross, but he threw it out into the crowd and said "HEY! This is a souvenir!"

After Fear Factory, he had some guy throw darts in his bacK!!! ouch!!

Then he took Jagemeister, a quart of it, and had some dude pump it into his mouth! and up his nose!!! he puked some up in his mouth...it was nasty.

but he was funny as ever!!! had to see it to believe it...

+dEe+

Atreyu
04-11-2004, 02:18 PM
I agree with Greg Z-SK is not hardcore. They are basically a nu-metal. And from the looks of BassBunny's review, Chimaira and Sworn Enemy were the closest to hardcore there. Slipknot was better when their self-titled album was released in 99.

sniffthis400
04-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Slipknot is nowhere near hardcore its crapcore its just a bunch of idiots running around screaming about nothing and they wear masks..Sorry to hear you paid money to go see them

Greg Z
04-11-2004, 04:13 PM
there masks are just used to get 13 year old girls and boys that think there goth... oh and to be like oh my god there wear masks im gonna be like that there sooo cool.. there so different from every one els there sooo good.. please... Chimaira and Sworn enemy were defiantly the closest thing to hardcore.. I Like chimaira i just hope there not selling out... thats all... Sworn enemy there good.... But I dont follow them enough to care if they sold out.

But I must say when they released there album in 99 It was CRAZY **** i loved it.. I liked there music there shows WERE MUCH better then what they are now... they played at small venues less people... everything... but now... look at them.. after IOWA.. they have to admit that all they wanted was money.. Money... and they sold out MAJOR.......... They dont have A good song on that album.. I wish album just stopped making anything in 99 because it was sooo good..

now.. i rather listin to garth brooks

EDIT :: If you want to listin to some real hardcore ... just PM...

BassBunny26
04-11-2004, 04:59 PM
It's not just about the masks - they aren't even close to Goths...that'd be really crazy to say they were. I mean - no, even I have to admit, they aren't anything like death metal, or extreme hard core, but they ARE a form of Metal.

I give them so much credit - they sound exactly like whats on their cd...that's all that counts...

+dEe+