PDA

View Full Version : Clutch is slipping

sprtrx300ex
04-08-2004, 01:30 PM
For the past year or so, I have noticed that my 300 seems to rev out too quick, and I am not getting enough power out of each gear because of it. It feels like the clutch is always pulled in a bit, causing it to rev up to quick and lose power.

Right now the cable is adjusted so that the adjuster is against the clutch perchas far as it can go. I screwed it out a ways, and noticed nothing as far as the slipping goes. It still slips.

Whats the deal? What do I need to adjust?

Towlieee
04-08-2004, 04:00 PM
clutches slip when they get old..

I know in a car it first starts to slip only under the strongest of loads (hard acceleration)

after a while it'l get so bad you can barley drive normal without it slipping

sprtrx300ex
04-08-2004, 04:39 PM
I think its slipping, i might be using the wrong terms. Is there anyway to adjust the cable to stop this or see if its something else?

400exdad
04-08-2004, 10:27 PM
It just sounds like it's time for a new clutch... do a search and see what folks like..... from what I've heard, stay away from Barnett... but I could be wrong. If its been slipping awhile, you may need steels too. Mine were warped on the 300 due to heat, but the fibers were fine. No slipping here... mine would not disengage all the way.

04-08-2004, 10:54 PM
get the tusk clutch kit from rocky mountain atv...they are extremely cheap $$$ & last just as long as its competitors

sprtrx300ex
04-09-2004, 06:40 AM
alright, thanks guys. It there anything I should look for when buying a new clutch? Any other reccomendations? It the clutch kit and a new gasket all I need to order?

400exdad
04-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Parts wise, I think thats all you need. Patience is another thing when you are dealing with the reverse cable(s) when you remove the side cover! Good Luck! New Clutch ---> :macho