PDA

View Full Version : white bros e-series

kruzofman
04-08-2004, 12:07 PM
hey i whanted to know if eney of you guys have a white brose e series pipe on your 400, and if the slip on make a noticesable dif in power or do i have to get the head pipe to feel the differance thinking about getting one

zephead400ex
04-08-2004, 12:22 PM
WB is a good pipe, however, there are better pipes. HMF, Sparks, etc. You only need the headpipe if you have motor mods. If you do not have motor mods, the slip on will work fine.

04-08-2004, 12:22 PM
my friend has one & it is ok..the sound is not loud & sounds cool...the quality is not the best but ok....the slip on should be fine on a stock motor but if you dont plan on doing any engine mods like boring it out or anything than just get the slip on

Knips178
04-08-2004, 12:32 PM
I have a wb eseries slipon that i'm selling right now. I just did alot to my motor and no longer need it because i got a sparks full system. pm me if your interested. buy i loved the difference from stock to that eseries. plus if you look at pipe shootouts, the wb eseries slipon usually wins. i think it's worth it for a mild machine, big seat of pants difference.

Goat397
04-08-2004, 02:17 PM
i agree with knips178 for a close to stock motor the e series is a great investment

Knips178
04-08-2004, 02:18 PM
i'm selling mine for $100 plus exact shipping.

hondarider2006
04-08-2004, 02:23 PM
IMO e-series is junk. Go HMF:D

EXDUNER127
04-08-2004, 03:17 PM
If you have the dinero get a full exhaust, cus it is big difference. You dont need a big motor to run a fullexhaust, but will help in the future if, when you add mods. And you will...even if you dont want to right now!

dannyboy20
04-08-2004, 05:54 PM
I also have the E-series. Very noticable power gains over stock. Trust me you will deffinetely feel a difference. The HMF is also a good slip on and from what i heard is built stronger.

rides_red25
04-08-2004, 06:12 PM
i bought the full system pro-meg last June. i liked the performance. its alot better than stock. i noticed that it gives you so much low end and torque.:D my motor is stock. i put it on and won a mud drag in the same day. i could not have been happier with the performance. i noticed that i hit the rev limiter faster with the pro-meg. i loved it. i would like to sell mine for around $300 for the full system. you could contact me at beer_me@hotmail.com with any other questions.

kruzofman
04-09-2004, 11:27 AM
sweet thanks for the info, i thinks im going to get the slip on, because my 400 is not even a week old lol, it's tatally stock, but it i well feel a power dif with the slip on tho..

dingo
04-09-2004, 11:46 AM
If you ride in the sand your may ave db problems with the sound police. WB seems to be one of the slip ons with low db. and its a good pipe

BigBadJ-400ex
04-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by kruzofman
sweet thanks for the info, i thinks im going to get the slip on, because my 400 is not even a week old lol, it's tatally stock, but it i well feel a power dif with the slip on tho..
You won't notice much difference (power wise) with any slip-on exhaust till you re-jet your carb...

Jimford
04-09-2004, 08:23 PM
I have a Wb E-series. I the power is awesome. Pulls wheelies in every gear on the street. A very noticable difference over stock!

hondarider2006
04-10-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Jimford
I have a Wb E-series. I the power is awesome. Pulls wheelies in every gear on the street. A very noticable difference over stock!

Wait until it starts cracking....:mad: You will wish you would have gotten somthing worth the money....I guess I just get mad at it more because I was stupid and bought the damn thing though me dealer for $290:eek2: I will never make that mistake again...:o

andrew360
04-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Yeah, just wait till you decide to "tune" it with those discs and have some bolts break on you.....:mad:

And YES, people, I am aware of the benefits of antiseize :D

Goat397
04-10-2004, 07:10 PM
wow you guys really liek to talk down about the e series , im sorry but i dont see any hmf exaust winning the 5 shootouts its been in and for a lot of people the hmf is just too damn loud

kruzofman
04-10-2004, 11:49 PM
well i think i going with the slip on. my friend had one on his 400 with a k&n air filter and he said he felt a dame good gain in power. so yea i think im going with that:)

hondarider2006
04-11-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Goat397
wow you guys really liek to talk down about the e series , im sorry but i dont see any hmf exaust winning the 5 shootouts its been in and for a lot of people the hmf is just too damn loud

With quality comes noise:D ;)

dannyboy20
04-11-2004, 07:06 AM
ok anything can break. I have had my E-series for 6 months and it has been through everything with no problems so i have no complaints about it. I actually wish it was a little louder.

Steve-o 400EX
04-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by dannyboy20
ok anything can break. I have had my E-series for 6 months and it has been through everything with no problems so i have no complaints about it. I actually wish it was a little louder.

This is true. I have had my e-series slip on on my 416 for a year and a half now. I have had NO problems what so ever and i would get anotherone in a second. I run mine with no discs because of the motor work and this thing rocks. I would highly recomend this pipe to anyone. If urs has cracked or been messed up you cant call it a piece of crap when u barrel roll ur quad and it breaks but u dont notice it until later.

I also dont recommend getting the pro meg unless you are going to do a good amount of motor work.:macho

hondarider2006
04-11-2004, 09:34 PM
I have never crashed hard enough to make it crack. The pipe is just a piece. The quality just isn't there. The power is good, and the sound is good, but the quality just isn't there.