PDA

View Full Version : Hotcams Stage 1

BallsOut400ex
04-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Hey guys i am new to this forum stuff so here goes. i have recently put in a new hotcams stage 1 and went through the proper break in and then did the valve readjustment and i still hear a ticking. it sounds like it did when it was stock and the valves were out of adjustment. is this normal with the stage 1 because it seems like everyone i talk to that it is. i was also wondering if anyone with the hotcams adjusts them the way they say to or if you do it with the motor at "true" tdc. any info would help. thanks.

400EXcrazy
04-08-2004, 09:38 AM
the valves should be a lil louder

Colby@C&DRacing
04-08-2004, 10:02 AM
an aftermarket cam is going to make more noise

markk
04-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Any aftermarket cam is going to make a LITTLE noise. I thought that same thing in when i put my stage one hotcams in my 416, And i do adjust my valves at TDC! ??? how else are u suposed to adjust them???

BallsOut400ex
04-08-2004, 11:44 AM
the install instructions from hotcams says to make the exhaust valves open all the way and adjust the intake side and then to rotate the engine until the intake valves are open all the way and adjust the exhaust valves. i thought it was a weird way so i did it tdc like i usually do. i was just wondering if that is what the noise was from. but now i know it is just the cam. thanks for the info.

markk
04-08-2004, 12:48 PM
I guess i should mabey read dirrection somtimes:confused2