PDA

View Full Version : Getting an LRD exhaust.

Manny55
04-08-2004, 07:50 AM
Well i just went down to LRD in Tualitin, Oregon today and man right when you walk in there are 4 really nice bikes. A yfz450, Honda 450r, 250r and a Yamaha banshee. But anywho lrd is gonna hook me up with there exhaust and there going to give me the right jettings that they have out for the 450r. They showed me the dyno results and it is right there by 50hp rear wheel with the exhaust and jetting. With the lrd exhaust and jetting, k&n air filter, and the 13t sprocket im gonna need a longer swingarm lol, lonestar so far is the cheapest!

KLH100
04-08-2004, 08:30 AM
50 hp :rolleyes: doubt it

#1speedbump
04-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Yeah 50hp from an exhaust and jetting, no cam, no portwork, stock compression. it's totally unrealistic to expect that big of a gain over stock with just a pipe and jetting. I am not dogging you or LRD. Dyno's can be set several ways and get any result. DTR has been working on the R and so far the beest rear wheel hp they can see is 40. Theyre doin more work over the next couple of weeks so maybe call them and see what they have done. Heres hopin that we'll see a pipe shootout soon so we can quit wonderin whos pipes do what. Hey if you live in Oregon pm me and when you get your exhaust maybe we can hook up and see the diff between stock and the pipe.

KLH slowin down a Yamaha isnt hard at all just wait for it to break.

joe1l
04-08-2004, 02:46 PM
:eek2:
slowin down a Yamaha isnt hard at all just wait for it to break :eek: :devil:
Very nice burn!!

I do agree, 50 does sound kind of high, Sparks doesn't even claim that with their pipe,intake and added cam!

KILLAQuad
04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
yea i gained 5 hp (32 - 37) and 4 ft/lbs (23 - 27) with my LRD K&N no lid...... im going to put half the lid back on to keep SO MUCH water and mud out of the filter cause i run XC and i just fine pills of crap on my outerware at the end :(

I know that that sounds like low numbers but they are consistant with all the quads we put on it...........(the dyno that is)(yfz to a hopped up banshee all read low compared to others)... but they are CONSITANT ..........:eek2:

brif
04-08-2004, 05:56 PM
hey killa, I think you need to check out www.ehsracing.com . They have what you need. I had one of their lids on a z400 and it kicked butt!

chad400ex
04-08-2004, 07:38 PM
I agree with the 50 horsepower being a bit high. 40 is definitely more in the ballpark. Those guys have always talked pretty "BIG" in their shop ever since they started out in Gresham. You Oregon boys should take a look at the link in my sig.

Anyway....good luck with that pipe.

KILLAQuad
04-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Hey BRIF thanks thats not a bad idea...... i was wondering where to find those........;)