PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler Crossfire

lol
04-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Anyone know about these cars? My dad just got one in graphite color so i just wanted to know wat there like

RMX500
04-07-2004, 11:00 PM
I hope he doesn't let anyone else drive it!

Super nice car!!

lol
04-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by RMX500
I hope he doesn't let anyone else drive it!

Super nice car!!

cool! lol

andrew360
04-08-2004, 01:02 AM
My dad bought the first one where we're at. It is EXACTLY a Mercedes SLK 230 with a different body and some different interior treatments. His is the VERY bright white with the blinding chrome around the windshield. I really like the car, even the controversial "boat tail" styling. I have driven it several times, and it is fun to drive, but refined enough to feel comfortable.

MOFO
04-08-2004, 04:31 AM
Honestly, they are WAY under powered, heavy and dont handle too well. I need to dig up a review about them...<video clip>. For that kind of money, you could have a MUCH MUCH better car.

andrew360
04-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Honestly, they are WAY under powered, heavy and dont handle too well. I need to dig up a review about them...<video clip>. For that kind of money, you could have a MUCH MUCH better car.

mmmm, the taste of sour grapes.....

The people who can afford these cars and want to buy them are not looking for tire-shredding power or 350Z handling; A refined ride and the ability to merge into traffic when you want to are the qualities that an older gentleman (such as my dad) are looking for when taking a spin through town or out for that "Sunday Drive." I find the car rather interesting, and if you haven't driven one yourself (I have), well, all I can say is , give it a shot. But then again, most dealers aren't going to let tire-kickers take one out.

Oh yeah, if it's speed and handling I want, I'll beg the old man to let me borrow the E55 AMG :D ....... (hasn't happened yet, but I can keep hoping)

MOFO
04-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by andrew360
mmmm, the taste of sour grapes.....

The people who can afford these cars and want to buy them are not looking for tire-shredding power or 350Z handling; A refined ride and the ability to merge into traffic when you want to are the qualities that an older gentleman (such as my dad) are looking for when taking a spin through town or out for that "Sunday Drive." I find the car rather interesting, and if you haven't driven one yourself (I have), well, all I can say is , give it a shot. But then again, most dealers aren't going to let tire-kickers take one out.

Oh yeah, if it's speed and handling I want, I'll beg the old man to let me borrow the E55 AMG :D ....... (hasn't happened yet, but I can keep hoping)

Ummmmm, I"m no tire kicker in by any means... actually I have had the chance to drive one with my father when HE looked at them. We both agreed the car was not exciting to drive... the looks make you think its a sporty vehicle...when in fact its not very sporty. As for luxury, we both agreed again, there are other cars in this area that are MUCH more comfortable to drive.

The crossfire is one of those vehicles that just looks neat....(and thats debatable)....nothing else. IMO. As you stated, if the vehicle is used as a "sunday driver" it would fit that niche perfectly.

I will agree with you about the E55 AMG though...that vehicle will fill your need for speed, no questions about that! :D Good luck getting behind the wheel of this car... I'd love to get the chance to take one for a spin!!!

andrew360
04-08-2004, 01:04 PM
LOL! Thanks for the well-wishing on the E55, but I don't see that happening anytime soon! BTW, I wasn't calling you a tire-kicker, I just meant that it seems like the dealers are being a little overprotective of this car... why, I don't know. Your points on the luxury and sportiness are well-taken; an Infinity G35 would actually be a better buy, but I think it's the uniqueness of the vehicle that draws in the prospective buyer (agreeing with you again!) Peace,
Drew

lol
04-08-2004, 01:52 PM
thnx guys, i'm sure glad i get to drive the pos when i'm 16:(

haha lol:p

Ralph
04-08-2004, 01:58 PM
My dad bought the first one where we're at. It is EXACTLY a Mercedes SLK 230 with a different body and some different interior treatments. His is the VERY bright white with the blinding chrome around the windshield. I really like the car, even the controversial "boat tail" styling. I have driven it several times, and it is fun to drive, but refined enough to feel comfortable.

yeah, my friends dad works for benz and thats exactly how he desrcibes it, also he brought home a slk500 one day and it flys...

batgeek
04-08-2004, 02:14 PM
wtf is up with the rear end of that car? looks like it has a bubble butt...

lol
04-08-2004, 02:51 PM
i kinda think it looks like a porsche

MOFO
04-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
wtf is up with the rear end of that car? looks like it has a bubble butt...

LMAO, or a dog getting ready to take a dump... take a long look at the rear lines, you'll see it. :D

MOFO
04-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by lol

I think you need to take another look at a Porsche.. you must be confused. :cool:

lol
04-08-2004, 10:25 PM
i dont agree with u mofo, for what it is i dont think its underpowered or handles poorly......have u ever been in one?

u sure know how to make someone feel great about there new investment:(

blank bliss
04-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Wow those cars are awesome. We got to test drive one and you are lucky you have one...don't let anyone else touch it man...guard it with your life..haha.

rollie
04-08-2004, 11:25 PM
from what ive seen there pretty sick cars!!:blah:

have fun with it:macho

lol
04-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by blank bliss
Wow those cars are awesome. We got to test drive one and you are lucky you have one...don't let anyone else touch it man...guard it with your life..haha.

lol, my friends were talkin bout stealin the little tire nipples and i heard and i was like what are u nuts?!!?!?!?! I'll beat the chit outta u!!!!! hahaha

blank bliss
04-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by lol
lol, my friends were talkin bout stealin the little tire nipples and i heard and i was like what are u nuts?!!?!?!?! I'll beat the chit outta u!!!!! hahaha

Nice friends you got there. Go ahead, let them do it. We could all just kick back and watch them get the **** beat out of them..

Then light the car on fire and let insurance get you a new one. :D sounds like a plan. ;)

andrew360
04-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by lol

You really want to see a car that has some Porsche lines? Look up BMW's new 6 Series coupe on Google, and try to find a picture of it in profile. Now (follow along kids) picture this car without the trunk lid on........ VOILA! Porsche 911! Tjose sneaky Bavarian engineers.....:p

LOL-
As far as anyone making you feel good about a new investment, don't sweat it bro. Not everyone likes everything, and we're all entitled to our opinion - don't take it too hard. The styling of this car is extremely controversial in the automotive world (yes, I still dig it). Historically speaking, "boat tail" cars do not do well with the buying public. Not to mention, the American buying public is undoubtedly having a difficult time accepting the "Europeanization" of Chrysler's products. No, that wasn't a "merger" between Chrysler and Benz, it was a takeover by Benz. For a different perspective on these things, pick up some Euro car mags some time. A few good ones are:
Top Gear
What Car?
Car
Anyhow, that's all I have to say.... sorry to be so long-winded. Now, I do believe I'm going to sneak over to the old man's house and take that "embarrassingly styled" car for a midnight ride!:D
Peace,
Drew

MOFO
04-09-2004, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by lol
i dont agree with u mofo, for what it is i dont think its underpowered or handles poorly......have u ever been in one?

u sure know how to make someone feel great about there new investment:(

would you please read my posts before you make a comment... I HAVE been in one!! also you asked about this car... well, I gave you my opinion... I'm not going to lie just to make someone feel good. I've also agreed it makes a good sunday drive type vehicle.

BTW, my opinion is based on years of driving high end vehicles (not my own) with one of my old jobs (no, not valet parking either). What are your opinions based on when you say it DOES have good power and handling? Just curious as to what you can compare it to.

BTW, I never said it was a POS either, as you suggested in one of your posts. I believe its a quality automobile, mainly due to MB taking over. :D

MOFO
04-09-2004, 04:46 AM
You really want to see a car that has some Porsche lines? Look up BMW's new 6 Series coupe on Google, and try to find a picture of it in profile. Now (follow along kids) picture this car without the trunk lid on........ VOILA! Porsche 911! Tjose sneaky Bavarian engineers.....:p

LOL-
As far as anyone making you feel good about a new investment, don't sweat it bro. Not everyone likes everything, and we're all entitled to our opinion - don't take it too hard. The styling of this car is extremely controversial in the automotive world (yes, I still dig it). Historically speaking, "boat tail" cars do not do well with the buying public. Not to mention, the American buying public is undoubtedly having a difficult time accepting the "Europeanization" of Chrysler's products. No, that wasn't a "merger" between Chrysler and Benz, it was a takeover by Benz. For a different perspective on these things, pick up some Euro car mags some time. A few good ones are:
Top Gear
What Car?
Car
Anyhow, that's all I have to say.... sorry to be so long-winded. Now, I do believe I'm going to sneak over to the old man's house and take that "embarrassingly styled" car for a midnight ride!:D
Peace,
Drew

we could definantly sit around, sling back a few beers and talk about cars! One of my favorite BS'ing subjects!

JustRace
04-09-2004, 06:08 AM

BTW, my opinion is based on years of driving high end vehicles (not my own) with one of my old jobs (no, not valet parking either).

LMFAO

lol
04-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by blank bliss
Nice friends you got there. Go ahead, let them do it. We could all just kick back and watch them get the **** beat out of them..

Then light the car on fire and let insurance get you a new one. :D sounds like a plan. ;)

hahaha thts an awesome plan:)

lol
04-09-2004, 07:55 AM
would you please read my posts before you make a comment... I HAVE been in one!! also you asked about this car... well, I gave you my opinion... I'm not going to lie just to make someone feel good. I've also agreed it makes a good sunday drive type vehicle.

BTW, my opinion is based on years of driving high end vehicles (not my own) with one of my old jobs (no, not valet parking either). What are your opinions based on when you say it DOES have good power and handling? Just curious as to what you can compare it to.

BTW, I never said it was a POS either, as you suggested in one of your posts. I believe its a quality automobile, mainly due to MB taking over. :D

Its alright, i was in a bad mood when i typed that other post, Just curious, what was that job that u had?

Chanman420q
04-09-2004, 09:11 AM
there nice i think, my mom almost bought one, but because of where she parks at work, she doesnt want that nice of a car in that type of area. so she got the 04' Acura TL

MOFO
04-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by lol
Its alright, i was in a bad mood when i typed that other post, Just curious, what was that job that u had?

I used to work for a private FBO (fixed based operation) at an airport. I basically ran the FBO dealing with daily operations on the weekends. When people (executive types) would charter a private jet, they would leave their keys for the cars so they could be detailed. Well, without going into detail... keys to high end cars + very large private ramp = the ULTIMATE test drive! I'd say I've driven every BMW,MB,AUDI,PORSCHE,LEXUS and any other "executive" vehicle you could think of. My favorite two would be the Audi S4 and the 996 911 Turbo... 400+hp, 6 spd plus AWD will bring a smile to anyones face!

I also have some wealthy friends that are car nuts as well... lucky SOB's!

Woodsrider
04-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
there nice i think, my mom almost bought one, but because of where she parks at work, she doesnt want that nice of a car in that type of area. so she got the 04' Acura TL

:huh She thinks the Crossfire is a nicer car than the '04 TL? :huh

Having driven both cars on a closed course, I would argue all day about this:D The TL is by far a more impressive car than the Crossfire, in performance, styling and comfort. Not to mention overall value;)

Chanman420q
04-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
:huh She thinks the Crossfire is a nicer car than the '04 TL? :huh

Having driven both cars on a closed course, I would argue all day about this:D The TL is by far a more impressive car than the Crossfire, in performance, styling and comfort. Not to mention overall value;)

all i can say is... women:o

i love the car too:devil: