PDA

View Full Version : this is pissing me off

Out_Sider
04-07-2004, 06:09 PM
aight..i bought a BRAND NEW killswitch because i thought my tusk was messed up...well this one is doing the same thing!! it will crank up when the button isnt pressed, but wont start when the button is pushed down.. This one is a parts unlimited, but i dont get it...WHY IS IT BACKWARDS? is my 300's electrical system backwards or somin..wtf? can yall answer my questions, please

Out_Sider
04-07-2004, 06:13 PM
anyone?

mc1984
04-07-2004, 06:46 PM
I had the same problem with my parts unlimited one. I knew what the problem was though. The switch it meant to ground out the ignition when it is pulled. I wired mine into the power that supplys the ignition because it plugged right in and didnt need to hack into any wiring. I knew I needed the switch to work the opposite way. I took the plastic housing off to expose the actual switch. I then went to Radio shack and bought an identical switch that is "normally open" (the original switch was normally closed) I solderd that in and put it all back together and it works great. That way when my clumsy @ss falls off it cuts power going to the ignition and dies. The switch was cheap too, like 3 or 4 bucks for a 4 pack.

Out_Sider
04-07-2004, 06:53 PM
aight thanx man, im gonna try and take the plastic cover off, and switch those 2 wires and see what happens...

Out_Sider
04-07-2004, 07:53 PM
aight.... that didnt work either.....i think the electrical system on my 300 is messed up or somin..f it this quad has pissed me off so much lately...i want to sell it and get a damn mojave or somin and race

04-08-2004, 12:38 PM
No not a mojave....not a race quad! the suspemsion is way to soft and handlin is terrible!but they do have dohc and 4valves w/ liquid cooling:D

chucked
04-08-2004, 01:02 PM
do you have a picture of the switch?

Out_Sider
04-08-2004, 01:13 PM
no, but i can get some pics of it

44oEX
04-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Yeah you just had it wired wrong.

chucked
04-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Is it 2 wires coming out of it?

44oEX
04-08-2004, 01:44 PM
if it's two wires all you have to do is hook one to your coil ( spark plug thingy ) on the black and yellow wire and ground the other wire to the frame or a green wire. it doesn't matter witch one is witch.

04-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro design the ONLY kill switch that works...;)

Out_Sider
04-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by 44oEX
if it's two wires all you have to do is hook one to your coil ( spark plug thingy ) on the black and yellow wire and ground the other wire to the frame or a green wire. it doesn't matter witch one is witch.

i just had it hooked into my keyswitch wires...

chucked
04-08-2004, 03:32 PM
let me get this straight, the kill switch is making the button on ur handlebars work backwards??

ReconRider25
04-08-2004, 04:51 PM
i got the same switch as you and this is how i installed it. i took the black wire and installed it at the connector for the positive wire for the coil so i didnt have to cut up anything, and i took the white wire, cut the end off, and put a round connector type thingy and put it on a bolt that attaches to the frame. works great and didnt have to butcher the oringinal system at all so if i dont want it, i take it out and its like it was never there.;)

44oEX
04-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by chucked
let me get this straight, the kill switch is making the button on ur handlebars work backwards??

no it`s just that the kill switch will not let the motor start if it`s on but you can start the motor if the kill switch is not on

Out_Sider
04-08-2004, 05:44 PM
hold up....idk what this thing is...the 2 wires coming out of it are only like 4 inches long....the ppl at the honda place said it was made to hook into the key switch wires..

660RaptorRider
04-08-2004, 09:51 PM
I had a prodesign on my 300ex and it was soo easy to hook up. U hook one wire to one wire coming out of the ignition or sumtin and then a ground it even tells u the color of the wire. nothing bout a keyswitch wire. ditch it and get a prodesign like rico said bout the only ones that work.

44oEX
04-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
hold up....idk what this thing is...the 2 wires coming out of it are only like 4 inches long....the ppl at the honda place said it was made to hook into the key switch wires..

yeah that would work to. Hook one to the ignition ( I think it would be the one in the middle of the white connecter. ) and hook the other one to the ground or green wire.