PDA

View Full Version : z450 vs yfz article in dirtwheels

brandonpeake
04-07-2004, 05:54 PM
i know this was an mx article but i feel they overlook a large majority of the riders that buy their mags when every article is on the 450r or the yfz, yeah im sure they are both the hottest thing out, everyone knows that , but they never cover an xc quads or have some xc quad shootouts like they do for MX i just think it sucks, they only cover 1/2 well really 1/3 of the sport leaving out tt which would be the least popular then XC which seems to be growing, just venting here but i would like to see a z440 vs a 440ex shootout in the woods with them swapping quads i know if they were buiilt equal it would hang i have no problems dusting some 250r 450r or yfz's in the woods im sure its rider not machine but i would like to see some comparisons on equal ground, but then again its dirtwheels! what was i thinking
maybe if i pay them it would work out , lol i still laugh at how they went whatever over the kfx700 when it came out, then had to backpeddle and say it wasnt as fast as they thought, and i also think its funny how every time a new quad comes out its the best thing since sliced bread, personally i feel the 400ex had the largest impact on our sport, paving the way for the others, just a woods rider venting here guys but what do u think?

Pappy
04-07-2004, 05:56 PM
write a decent artical with good solid information, get some good quality photos and submit it.

there is more then one way to skin a cat :p

brandonpeake
04-07-2004, 06:19 PM
yeah i have been thinking about doing a 400ex xc budget buildup for my site, we just finished some skid plates comparisons and am currently working on some exhaust comparions but its been on my mind, thanks for the support pappy,
i just feel the xc crowd and espically the trail riders are way left out in the publications, i mean i know some guys who just trail ride with some nice machines alot nicer than most i see at the tracks, so i feel some companies dont realize how many people with nice bikes dont race or are older and their wife aint really into it so going off is an issue or coming home real tired on sunday night is an issue so , there are alot more peolpe besides racers with heavily modded bikes

just some thoughts

northeast400
04-07-2004, 06:36 PM
I hear ya!! I love xc way better than mx. should some of my freinds on race quads smoke me at the track , but when we hit the woods it is a different story.:devil:

mrnate400ex
04-07-2004, 06:56 PM
lol i still laugh at how they went whatever over the kfx700 when it came out, then had to backpeddle and say it wasnt as fast as they thought, and i also think its funny how every time a new quad comes out its the best thing since sliced bread

yeah, dirtwheels thinks that everything that comes out new is the best on the market. sometimes i wonder if they even try the stuff our before they write up their article on it. my 400ex was smoking a kfx700 down at the dunes on the drag strip. our local kawasaki dealer even had a hard time believing that one. i would love to see an article about xc sometime in dirtwheels.