PDA

View Full Version : Need Some advice

XxHondaxX479
04-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Hey there Im new to the site and just wanted some advice recently i raced my stock TRX300EX in the local EXPO center im only 14 i was the only kid who enterd the quad races i was racing grown men! lol i finished 2nd over all and i was racing against 2 660R raptors and 3 YZF450's a 400ex a 250R and a banshee all of these machines were heavily modified and me on my stock 300ex i was shaking in my alpines! lol im just wondering what is the best bike for me now i rode the TRX450R and it was awesome! it had plenty of power! and i wanted to know if there was any body interested in maybe sponsering me I want to race but dont have much money for pipes, bars, tires ect. any help would be awesome thanks!!

Dill Pickle
04-07-2004, 05:55 PM
it must of been the amatuer class if you beat 400s, yfz's , banshee's, etc.....:rolleyes:

XxHondaxX479
04-07-2004, 05:59 PM
well im not going to lie but i started out in the ameture class but i was the only person so i moved up to the pro class and the reason i got 2nd is because the whoops were really deep and i just rode a wheelie over them and the other guys were tryin to double them

brandonpeake
04-07-2004, 05:59 PM
congrats, but you will need some more races before u can even think about sponsors you need at least one good season and a good rep goes a long wayt as well, my first sponsor was a local aftermarket atv shop and i got oil and spark plugs for my banshee, but i had raced a whole season and bought parts from him for a long time and he knew me and now he is a great sponsor for me, helps me out alot and i got a shop to work on my stuff as well when i need it, a good mechancic can be your best friend sometimes
on sponsors smaller places are more likely to help a small rider aka a new rider or people who know you could even be a gas statuion or something its all about how u "sell yourself" to them remeber when u go talk to them its yes sir and dont go in all greasy from changing a chain out or something look nice and be respectfull you dont have to win to advertise for them, if you are there every time and finish the race and are riding hard winning will come, it sould just be wearing their t shirt in the pits, ive sold alot of parts for my sponsors and some of the other ones ive recently picked up ive set a few dealers up with them to sell their parts and i got a nice package in the mail after that
if u got some questions pm, me