PDA

View Full Version : Shocks And A Arms??

03-12-2002, 08:28 PM
I have an 87 250X. I have a buddy who wants to sell me his a arms off his 250R and another buddy who wants to sell me his stock shocks off his 400. I have heard both of these will fit, but wanted to know if the R a arms will make it wider for more stability and where I can get a shock relocating kit for the longer 400 shocks? My suspension sucks... it's all stock. Has anyone tried this and how much better of a ride will I have?

rhino99
03-12-2002, 08:39 PM
You will have a WAY better front suspension setup, in fact you will probbaly be unhappy with your rear shock after doing this conversion. The R a-arms will make your quad 2 inches wider adding a good amount of stability. Its like going with an aftermarket setup for an R or a 400ex.

exriderdude
03-14-2002, 09:24 AM
your a-arms will fit, i think. but i dont know if the shocks will fit.

330EXman
03-14-2002, 06:42 PM
hey man i just did this.

i love it so much the arms bolt up so perfect. YOU NEED TO USE YOUR 250X BUSHINGS THOUGH. the shocks fit but take some work cause they need to be semi compressed but that wont husrt them till you get a relocating kit. this looks like its so wide. both my front tires stick out totally past the fenders. lol sweet

well this is an awesome inexspensive way to make the biggest difference in handling.

later man

Houser Cannondale
03-16-2002, 10:30 PM
does anybody have any pics of this conversion? bcause i was thinking of doing it to my 300ex also and taking all the money i save on a-arms and putting it on an axle... thanks