PDA

View Full Version : kasea or e-ton?

cw7319
04-07-2004, 02:59 PM
i need help. my 6 1/2 year old daughter wants to start racing. i've narrowed it down to either kasea skyhawk 50 or e-ton viper 50. i want one that i can upgrade & modify as her skill level increases. any help will be greatly appreciated. also, any body else live or race in alabama?

04-07-2004, 03:29 PM
kasea skyhawk 50:o

phaster
04-07-2004, 03:57 PM
I say both are a great choice...but my vote would be for Eton viper 50. I would look into the 2005 Viper 70cc.

try going to miniatvs.com great website with miniquads being the only topic over there. Great guys that can get you into all the mods and upgrades you will need. They are awesome over there.

LT80
04-07-2004, 04:19 PM
My vote is for the kasea. Altho, I'd get a LRX.(same thing)

QuadJunkies
04-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Both are great and the Eton is getting more and more omds for it as well, The Kasea has alot out there from mods also......We have one of both and have been very happy with both.....;)

EXDuner
04-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Just bought two E-ton 90's last week. They really seem to be great machines so far. My nefews ages 9 and 8 seem to be the perfect size for them. Just a note though.....hitting at an angle into a trailer at full speed will likely bend a tie rod and scratch up the plastics...LOL kid is fine though he thought it was fun.:)

ROBBSRACING
04-09-2004, 08:14 PM
You might take a look at the LEM Cayman. We have raced them for a few years and done very very well with them. They are much lighter than the other 50s you mentioned like 75-100 lbs. lighter. Which can be a huge advantage for a new little racer.

robjohn74
04-10-2004, 10:56 AM
i bought my little girl an e-ton and and it is a very nice quad it starts first pull every time and very good on gas when its cold out it takes 3 pulls to start . and she drives the piss out of it.

phaster
04-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Eton doesn't have a pull start ....are you thinking maybe a TRX90??

mmills023
04-11-2004, 10:37 AM
I know that this wasnt on the "which one" list but...I just bought a Polaris 90 (recent model, with fixed oil tank problem) and this thing rips, great suspension travel, perfect size for my boy (for the smaller ones the Polaris 50 is great as well). Most places that make aftermarket parts for the Kaseas, and Etons make them for the Polaris as well.

I cant give a long term report cause i just got it only a few days ago, but from what i see now, it looks like a quality kids quad.

I will give reports on its durability as time goes on.

foleyit
04-13-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by cw7319
i need help. my 6 1/2 year old daughter wants to start racing. i've narrowed it down to either kasea skyhawk 50 or e-ton viper 50. i want one that i can upgrade & modify as her skill level increases. any help will be greatly appreciated. also, any body else live or race in alabama?

Yeah it was a toss between the eton and skyhawk 50 for me as well. My 5 1/2 year old wants to race and I went with the Skyhawk 50 for her.

foleyit
04-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by joshridina400ex
check out www.eastsidems.com they have so very trick kasea parts and can make them really fast.

I bought some parts from Eastside Motorsports. They are great to work with. I was caught off-guard that I needed to cut out my front rims to get them to fit over the Kasea's front hub. I was told that they can cut them out for you for an additional cost. They we're easy to cut out. Also, there is also some additional work to be done on there AC Pro-Peg nerfs with custom heel guards. You won't be disappointed with their parts!

phaster1
04-13-2004, 12:41 PM
I agree with MMills. the predator 90 is a great bike...I have one.

There is also WRHracing.com which is in my opinion a greatb place to do business with and they will be there after to help you out... Just all around nice to know!

You can get hop ups for each machine you listed and then some. Try miniatv.com great site. There are alot of Tech guys there that kow their stuff.

I am justinsmom over there.

QuadJunkies
04-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by phaster1
I agree with MMills. the predator 90 is a great bike...I have one.

There is also WRHracing.com which is in my opinion a greatb place to do business with and they will be there after to help you out... Just all around nice to know!

You can get hop ups for each machine you listed and then some. Try miniatv.com great site. There are alot of Tech guys there that kow their stuff.

I am justinsmom over there. I hit them up for a pipe for my Sons Viper, but they wont have made for two months...:( And here my Son had his heart set on one......:confused: I REALLY wanted to try one of there pipes, I hear they are great!!His Bday is in May and was hoping to have it done it time for his first race.Poor kids is going to have to race with the 90cc class since all the kids graduated to a 90...:grr:

markvette
04-14-2004, 12:49 PM
we have a 99 eton 90 that has been a great machine. it went from a play quad for my son for a couple of years to a fully modded race quad now. the sky is the limit when it comes to hop up parts. our eton now runs a108 stroker motor, 24mm carb, tranny mods,race clutch and variator set up, pipe, + 3 a-arms with works long travel shocks, + 3 swing arm with 10 1/2 inch remote rezzie shock, nerf bars and more. billy holt at wrh will take care of you.

on the pipes check back with billy they should be in any day. by the way both my boys are sponsored by wrh racing and i turn wrenches for him.

Mark

EXDuner
04-14-2004, 12:53 PM
Sounds cool....got any pics?

cw7319
04-15-2004, 10:58 AM
i wanted to thank everyone for there help, it was very much appreciated.i decided to go with the viper 50, partly due to the local dealers. the eton dealer was much easier to work with & the price was much better. paid 1790.00 out the door.again i thank every one for there input & look forward to talking to every one on the board, and will start upgrading soon.:D

QuadJunkies
04-15-2004, 11:00 AM
i wanted to thank everyone for there help, it was very much appreciated.i decided to go with the viper 50, partly due to the local dealers. the eton dealer was much easier to work with & the price was much better. paid 1790.00 out the door.again i thank every one for there input & look forward to talking to every one on the board, and will start upgrading soon.:D Congrats!! I hope you enjoy yours as muich as my Son has his...His will be 2 years old next month and has been problem free......:)

cw7319
04-21-2004, 07:58 AM
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cw250ex/detail?.dir=/db66&.dnm=6a1c.jpg

this is my daughters new 50 & my honda. i will have pics of her riding it soon.

QuadJunkies
04-21-2004, 11:19 AM
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cw250ex/detail?.dir=/db66&.dnm=6a1c.jpg

this is my daughters new 50 & my honda. i will have pics of her riding it soon. I couldnt see them????do you have to sign up and everything to view them??

cw7319
04-21-2004, 03:24 PM
yes you do have to sign up. i could not figure out how to post the pic. i'll try again later when i've got more time.

QuadJunkies
04-21-2004, 11:39 PM
yes you do have to sign up. i could not figure out how to post the pic. i'll try again later when i've got more time. If you like... Just send me the pic and Ill post it for you....:) tntkuna@msn.com

QuadJunkies
04-22-2004, 11:34 AM
here ya go....;)

QuadJunkies
04-22-2004, 11:34 AM
:)

cw7319
04-23-2004, 08:56 AM
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE PICS FOR ME . I'LL TRY TO POST SOME LATER & MAYBY I'LL GET IT RIGHT EVENTUALY.