PDA

View Full Version : YFZ 450 hot starts... Question...

cody anderson
04-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Has anybody put one of these on? How is the end of the cable supposed to hook up to the carb? I have a Dr. D hot start kit, but when I take the cover for the hot start off the carb, it looks like the One for the bike won't work... it's not threaded. The Dr. D you are supposed to be able to thread it in, and you can on the bike. But the YFZ, dosen't have that.

Dan_Guetter
04-07-2004, 12:59 PM
get a honda

hahaha yami lover

cody anderson
04-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Shut up ******... you get my stuff done yet? If not, get yer ***** back to work! Is the fam damily back yet? What did they think of the west coast?

elite ATV1
04-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
get a honda

hahaha yami lover

BUY HONDA!!!!!!

seatec
04-07-2004, 02:40 PM
check with folx on yfzcentral. they may have done it there but i personally cant recal anybody needing it.

Pahrump
04-21-2004, 07:28 PM
I don't understand why you think you need the hot start.

I have had my bike kick only for along time now and never have a problem starting it.

But to answer your question no I don't know how to install it.

EX 80
04-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Any one else find it hard to start if you stall it in the middle of a moto? I can get it started like 30 seconds after i stall it but that alot longer than i'd like. I try it all kicking and electric start and its like 30 seconds or so later it fires up. Sucks when 3/4's of the pack passes you when you get a good start.

I am just going to have to work on not stalling it. I only stalled it from getting stuck behind guys crashed/stalled/stuck.