PDA

View Full Version : Thieves....

blondie69
04-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Sorry that this doesn't really involve quads...but it agravated me....someone stole a set of chains off my parents skidder!? I don't see why someone would do that. Well, I can, their 2 grand a set, but still!
In order to get them off, you have to have at least some experience with skidders, because you have to turn it on and move it in order to get them off (this is after undoing them). Then those things are heavy! There had to of been at least 2 ppls I would think:huh
(Anyone that has worked in the woods with like skidders, porters, harvesters etc. would know what I mean)

Only half good thing bout it....is mom's flippin out so bad right now (like callin the police n stuff) Don't blame her tho....but she only has 10 more min's...until parent teacher is over:blah: she's not gonna make it, so that's good! But not good too...cuz now where out 2 grand....

grrr I don't like thieves :mad:

redroost85
04-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Lay the smack down girl! :grr:

Just remember...thieves=bastages!:cuss:

Hopefully they will catch the all stars that hauled off with your stuff.

tore up
04-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Being some dum Californian that I am, What the hell are " skidders"?:confused:

blondie69
04-07-2004, 02:00 PM
"Skidders" are something that hauls tree's out of the woods that have been processed by "Feller Bunchers", "Harvestors", "Inchworms + Porters" etc;) Sry, jus tryin to confuse u now haha

Doibugu2
04-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
"Skidders" are something that hauls tree's out of the woods that have been processed by "Feller Bunchers", "Harvestors", "Inchworms + Porters" etc;) Sry, jus tryin to confuse u now haha

Your getting me excited talking like that. To bad I don't have a clue what you are saying.

tore up
04-07-2004, 02:29 PM
blondie69 "Skidders" are something that hauls tree's out of the woods that have been processed by "Feller Bunchers", "Harvestors", "Inchworms + Porters" etc Sry, jus tryin to confuse u now haha

:confused: but we have something out here that you probly never heard of its called the beach and year around sunny 80d weather, and the desert (the good one):blah:

y2k400ex
04-07-2004, 02:34 PM
I see them all the time in the ocala national forest where i ride
http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/forestry/deere_forestry/media/images/deere_skidder_selection.jpg

tore up
04-07-2004, 02:40 PM
aaahhhh. A big tired forklift (for everyone that dont speak Canadian):D

hondarider2006
04-07-2004, 03:00 PM
that sucks they stole them off of your skidder....kinda weird though, what would they use them for:huh :confused:

blondie69
04-07-2004, 03:21 PM
They'd use them for their own skidder or machine w/ the same size tires cuz they'd be too cheep to buy their own:huh We know lots of woodsmen like that around here...we've caught them before syphering disel outa our fuel tanks!?:huh We have locks on them now...
Oh and we have beaches here too...maybe not that warm! But they can get pretty warm (if u know how to pick the days haha). Cuz remember, I live in N.S..on the coast (east coast mind ya, lol)

blondie69
04-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by tore up
aaahhhh. A big tired forklift (for everyone that dont speak Canadian):D

Not quite fork lift:p More like tractor if anything. This they look like (this one is ours, I just took the pic out my window. Dad brought it home) You can see the chains rn't on the backwheels no more......

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/shiznikchik69/PICT0001.JPG

And wow...please don't tell me a gurl needs to educate u guys on what all these big heavy machinary does!?!!:blah: jp. I know...not everyone know's what they do...not everyone has been around them their whole lives. I have pics of me as a toddler in these things w/ my dad :huh :rolleyes:
But seein as I have to give a small lesson to explain how it is not like a forklift...:p The front is jus a plow basically, to move debris, the back is where u take the wood. You tie a cable (which is attached to the thing in the very back that's in the air) around the log. You can drag quite a few at 1 time. And that's about it. You take it out to "the landing" (place where all the wood is) and a porter comes along or some other machine that does the same thing and piles it up for a tractor trailor truck to come load up and go off to a mill w/ it...see...not that hard:rolleyes: hahaha

toby400ex
04-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Hahahaha, feller buncher, that sounds wierd. But i guess it sucks that your tire chains were stolen, as wierd as that is.:huh

xr50layke
04-07-2004, 05:39 PM
thats a tractor! lots of those turning in the middle tractors around here!

blondie69
04-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Dude, that aint no tractor. It's a skid-der, not a tract-or. I tried explainin to you before about hiring people to cut down tree lots and sell the wood to mills to make moneyand u didn't know wtf I was talkin about, so stfu:rolleyes: :p

http://www.timberjack.com/
Don't believe me go to that site then go to the "Product Finder"...you will clearly see something called a skidder :blah:

TGW_400ex
04-07-2004, 05:59 PM
wow I thought everyone knew what a log skidder was:eek2:

blondie69
04-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex

As did I! But apparently not:eek2:

Chef
04-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex

Yea, me too. :huh

xr50layke
04-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
sorry layke you are right thats a tractor not a skidsteer

quit makin up stories tegan :D, somethin' somethin' about me not gettin your whole lumberjacker wood pile up trees down there nova scotia skid tractor money....pffft :rolleyes:

;)

blondie69
04-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Layke, jus shush. You know I'm right now jus suck it up and accept it:o :p :cool:
And u know perfectly well what I'm talkin bout! haha. U guys were either gonna get land or money and I was sayin u should get the land, keep it, wait until the wood is mature and then sell the stumpage off of it to a woods crew and get them to cut and process it, and you will get more money, cuz their jus cuttin the wood, and u still have the land. And you were like all confused and I had to keep explaining it to u, and then I jus gave up cuz I couldn't go into any more depth, so jus shut yo trap! :blah:

And I would never say that's a tractor...cuz I know better. I grew up w/ big machinary my whole life man...I get to ride in them things whenever I want:blah: Haha. I'm even allowed drivin em!! ....but I don't

Quad18star
04-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Hmmm ... seeing alot of people dont know what a Skidder is .... I can just imagine trying to explain what a Groomer is :blah: :huh

CowsBitePeople
04-07-2004, 09:42 PM
thats gay, If you find out who did it poop on their portch and take em back that will distract them while 2 guys go and get them off

blondie69
04-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Haha...if dad finds out who did it....their gonna regret takin them...cuz dad has posters already made w/ a $1000 reward if someone finds them...(if nothing happens in 1 month, it's goin up to $2000, and 3 months, $2500...no more tho, cuz he could get a new set of chains then for that much...) and if he finds out who took them, their gettin a major can of whoop ***!:mad: :macho

tore up
04-08-2004, 07:32 AM
Isan't there some type of tree forum or log splitting forum you go to talk about your forklifts, this is about Quads. j/k! :devil:

Nausty
04-08-2004, 04:14 PM
lol at first by skidder I thought you meant meant skidloader.

SOrry to hear about the stuff tho my dad has worked construction his entire life and has had lots of problems w/ people breaking into trailers and stealing tools. One time a guy sawed out the hole from underneith a trailer to hop up inside and take all the tools.

onefiftyone2003
04-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by tore up
blondie69 "Skidders" are something that hauls tree's out of the woods that have been processed by "Feller Bunchers", "Harvestors", "Inchworms + Porters" etc Sry, jus tryin to confuse u now haha

:confused: but we have something out here that you probly never heard of its called the beach and year around sunny 80d weather, and the desert (the good one):blah:

hahaha. you americans, think we've got nothing up here, well I've got a cabbin, on a beach, on a lake, and i bet you will never see anything so awesome in your life you talk about your crowded beach, almost everyday of the year, crowds of people, then you think of us canadians on a nice private beach, on a hot summer day, no one to bug you, lol just think of that, anyway keep yer stick on the ice. (canadian saying...eh?) sorry this has nothing to do with your theife problem, but it hadda be done LOL

blondie69
04-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Haha yea, excatly man! My parents own a lake (well half of it...government owns the other half)...that has beach...and LOTS of cottages are on it...we rent out the lots. So Canada isn't all just snow and ice, it get's reaaally warm up here to ya know!:blah: