PDA

View Full Version : a-arms and works combo... scam?

James Parent
04-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Hey guys to tell you the truth i really don't know what kind of shocks/a arms i should get for MX racing.. at atco nj, englishtown, and maybe some tracks in pa
this will be my first year and right now im browsing for shocks, please help me out

thats what i found on ebay, can anyone say if thats good or not? he has those up there all the time

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2472263516&category=43974

Rootar
04-07-2004, 10:05 AM
they seem good since its your first year and im assuming you dont want to spend alot id prolly get them but since i cant race till next yaer i gonna wait till the end of summer and im goin with elkas front and rear with link but if you need em now id say its a pretty good deal your gettin triple rates with rezzies:cool: thoose will be nice

jst
04-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Stay away from those a-arms.Avoid them like the plague.My friend bought some of those and it took a long time to get them.The guy also said they would receive some "special valving"., wrong,they are standard works.The name of these a-arms before "ugly" was "action",and before that who knows.The ball joints have less than 10 hrs on them and they are already shot,loose and rattling.Hope this helps.

James Parent
04-07-2004, 01:58 PM
yea.. a lot what a-arms would be the biggest bang for the buck then?

and shocks?

jst
04-07-2004, 02:40 PM
There is nothing wrong with upgrading to Works from stock but obviously there are better.A-arm wise I have seen the Burgards and am impressed with the quality for a fair price.For the shocks I would go with Works.If in the future you need a upgrading in the shock dept.,many places can convert the works to ZPS such as TCS or GT THUNDER.

02Yellow400
04-07-2004, 02:43 PM
I have burgard + 2's on my 400 with works triples and for the riding you would be doing those would be perfect. I could not be happier with my burgards

nacs400ex
04-07-2004, 03:14 PM
I'd get some Elkas (triple's w/o rezzy) This way if you want a better shock you wont have to buy a new set. For a-arms, I would just buy a used set off exriders or ebay. If you want a really nice setup go Walsh or JB LT with Elkas or custom axis. :cool:

4wheelboy
04-07-2004, 05:21 PM
James Parent u going to atco friday nite if soo ill be there with a couple of friends:confused:

zephead400ex
04-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 02Yellow400
I have burgard + 2's on my 400 with works triples and for the riding you would be doing those would be perfect. I could not be happier with my burgards

I orderd +2 Burgard arms with Works Triple rates w/ rezzies. I cannot wait to install these things, its going to be sweet.

Big - D Racing
04-07-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by jst
Stay away from those a-arms.Avoid them like the plague.My friend bought some of those and it took a long time to get them.The guy also said they would receive some "special valving"., wrong,they are standard works.The name of these a-arms before "ugly" was "action",and before that who knows.The ball joints have less than 10 hrs on them and they are already shot,loose and rattling.Hope this helps.
Those arms don't use ball joint they use heims, and heims are way stronger than ball joins. Maybe your friends had ball joints that were shi**y and that would explain the company using heims now. Looking at them for only $390 with heims all around and a lifetime gurantee I'd say get them. plus more money to get new works with rezzies as a package, good deal. As for shipping i would imagine it would be slow because they proably don't stock works shocks (most companies dont) and probably put in an order with works when you make your order with them and they wait for them to arrive, then send them to you. I would ask if their arms are in stock and ask about delivery time of the shocks before you order so you know ahead of time what the wait will be.

Ross318
04-07-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm the one who has the a arms.The heims were brand new when i got the a arms. They haven't even lasted ten hours,and there shot. As for the shipping i know it takes a while for works to make the shocks. But the guy told me the shocks were in but it took him another month and a half before i even received them. I don't recommed buying this deal go with burgards.

jst
04-07-2004, 06:58 PM
I agree as far as the heims are supposed to be stronger,that is why I run Walsh,but in the this case the failed miserablly.As the post above from Ross318 states he was told the shocks were "in stock".Why would a company work hard to build a "solid" reputation only to change its name to another name unless they are trying to hide something?The question was for someone who had 1st hand experience,thats why I answered.