PDA

View Full Version : Super Motard Quad Racing!

Bretmd94
04-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Some people from the local KTM shop have pushed hard enough and actually have the Super Moto bikes coming to Medford, Oregon to race in June i think. A guy came to me at the local MX track trying to convince me to race my quad. He says that they are going to have a couple local classes and wants to have a quad class.

The track is apperently already built. Theres a local go cart track big enough for Autocross car races. I guess they build some dirt jumps next to it and made it about a mile long somehow.

WTF do i need to do to my 450r to race... I have nerfs on the way. Where do i get road tires? Hoosier, or american racer ones?
Should i buy some bigger rims than my 8x8 mx beadlocks to put them on?

MJNOVA
04-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Sounds awesome...Modified TT?MX setup Swaybar---with MX shocks..

Bretmd94
04-07-2004, 10:59 AM
yeah well, I have no money for shocks, a-arms, axle, etc right now. Parents just cut me off because i dropped out of college for a couple terms. I was planning on setting the bike up for mx in the future anyways. I need places to find cheap tires for the road. I doubt there is one.

ct310
04-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Where ?

Bretmd94
04-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Medford Oregon

ckasper18
04-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Yes hoodier or american racers are the way to go on 10inch rear rims.sway bar would be a plus and lower your quad down.we had a race last weekend here in wisconsin check it out on www.wisconsinquadracing.com
Chris