PDA

View Full Version : Stock Head-Pipe

03-12-2002, 07:55 PM
I've read alot about grinding down the welds on the stock headers but I tried and couldn't get my silencer off. Am I missing something abvious? Is there some sort of gasket or something? I've unscrewed 2 bolts on brackets and the 2 bolts on the clamp...it's stuck:mad: Anyway, assuming I ever get the silencer off, what next? Any help would be great.

CountryBoy

Kadafiy
03-13-2002, 11:33 AM
I just grinded the welds off my header because I was putting a slip-on on so I said why not. Anyways, you have all the bolts out of the silencer! Mine was stuck a little bit too so I tapped it with a dead blow hammer and then twisted it and it came off. The header was a bit harder. I drained the oil and disconnected the oil tank and pulled it up, then I took the screw out of the right front fender so I could lift it up the pull the header underneath it. Then just take the 4 nuts off the brackets (2 on each) connecting the header to the cylinder and pull it out. After this pull out a die grinder and grinding wheel and grind the welds down. I think people used dremels to grind the welds down too, just in case you don't have a die grinder. Hope I helped.

03-13-2002, 03:37 PM
I got it off with a rubber mallet... The header was a pain in the ***** to get off though.

Thanks
Country Boy