PDA

View Full Version : Another Jetting Problem

02Yellow400
04-06-2004, 10:04 PM
I just bought the Dyno jet kit for my quad (02 400) I followed the directions exactly for the "stage 1" jetting. New needle 3rd clip down. 146 Main Jet. 3 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw.

Now it idles fine and ran great cold....but once it warmed up it was falling on its face from like halfish to full throttle. That means i am running rich right?

Oh by the way i have a yoshi slip on and a K & N filter with the air box lid on.. I think i am pretty close to sea level for elevation. So if someone could help me out that would be great. Oh once it was warmed up it idled fine. I am not sure if this is something i could fix with the air/fuel screw or i need to change that main jet.

Thanks in advance...if anyone needs more info to help me let me know so i maybe i can better describe.

cals400ex
04-06-2004, 10:19 PM
i don't use dynojets because i hear of more problems with tuning them in. however, i am having a hard time following you with whats wrong? the pilot jet/fuel skrew will be the main circuit from idle to 1/8 throttle. the needle clip is the most important from 1/8 to 3/4 throttle. the main jet is most important from 3/4 to full throttle.

MIKE400EX
04-06-2004, 10:20 PM
After it's warmed up, take the airbox lid off. If it runs better then yes it is jetted too rich when you have the lid on.

02Yellow400
04-07-2004, 05:38 AM
Thanks i will give that a try