PDA

View Full Version : dual steering stabilizer set ups

SRH
04-06-2004, 08:17 PM
i heard legacy was coming out with one, are they worth it or should i just buy a denton? also what does a dual setup go for?

brandonpeake
04-07-2004, 07:00 AM
most people are usuallly talking about is it GPR and they are 300 bucks and is a stabilizer and a dampner like the denton or pep thats like 130 or so and they run both together, ive seen this set up on a few pro quads, im almost positive jeremiah jones run it on his R

ROGERS
04-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Dual setups are run because of a dead spot in the radial travel of the damper. When the damper is mounted at a certain angle on some setups, there is a spot on the travel where the shaft of the damper is not moving. Usually this is the time when the mounting point on the frame swivels a little, due to the fact that the path of travel is a circle, not a straight line like the movement of the shock.

EvilJester400EX
04-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i heard legacy was coming out with one, are they worth it or should i just buy a denton? also what does a dual setup go for?

I have Legacy's dual damper setup. It's definitely worth it. The YFZ has so much barwhip over rough stuff, so one damper wasn't enough (for me, at least). Their setup goes for around $300. It mounts different from others, instead of being angled up, they're laid flat down on the frame, protected by your front bumper. I'll try and get pics of it sometime.