PDA

View Full Version : Too Low of Gearing?

ZSK
04-06-2004, 07:36 PM
I've got an FMF full system, K&N no lid, and 20" rear tires. With these mods I'm still pretty much even with my friend's 300. He's got a modded pipe and stock 22's. I should be jumping out pretty good at the start but we are even and he just pulls away from there. This happens mostly on sand and clay could it be just traction? Should I go to a 14 tooth sprocket or ease the clutch a little more?

powaw
04-06-2004, 07:51 PM
did you jet your bike after you added the filter, exhaust and other goodies? Also how many hours since your last valve lash adjustment. Alot of power can be lost in the valve train.:eek2:
My 400ex has 22's , jet kit, K&N, and power core 4 and pulls on a stock 400ex in all gears with the bigger tires no problem. Didn't wheelie real well though until I went to a 14 tooth front/39 rear sproket. Now my buddy doesn't have a chance. Your bike isn't running right(tuning) or your buddy has put on parts you don't know about.:devil:

good luck

ZSK
04-06-2004, 07:57 PM
They filter came with the wheeler and they had the jetting all screwed up. I put the pipe on and re-jetted it, now it's just about perfect. Never adjusted the valves. Is it hard to do? As for my buddies wheeler, I know he doesn't have stuff that I don't know about. I jetted his wheeler and didn't show him how.:)

SPEED-MDS
04-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Whats up CS, valve adj on my 400 was very easy! Im not pos about the 300 but knowing honda its prob easy on yours as well. Im sure someone on here will have the answer to your ?. Have you checked compresion on your wheeler? Might want to check yours and MR's to see if theres a dif there. :)

ZSK
04-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Never thought of that, thanks.