PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Installing A Kill Switch On My 450r

REDARMYRACER
04-06-2004, 07:09 PM
i JUST BOUGHT A KILL SWITCH FOR MY BRAND SPANKIN NEW TRX450R AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO INSTALL THE KILL SWITCH I ALSO PERCHASED. THE DIRECTIONS ARE QUITE VAGUE.
:huh

SSRedRider
04-07-2004, 07:22 AM
I installed one on my R this weekend. This is the directions I used. Worked great.

1) Trace the wires form the stop switch (mounted on handle bars) to the white connector mounted to the left hand side of frame.

Note: The wires from the stop switch splits off (2) directions, (1) set to the head light assembly, and the other to the (white plastic connector).

2) Look for the black wire with the white tracer.

3) Splice, connect, or solder (1) wire from the kill switch to the black wire (w/ the white tracer) on the stop switch side of the connector.

4) Then ground the other wire from the kill switch to the frame.

That's all, your finished.

I used a wiring connector so I didn't have to splice any wires, one of the ones that you put both wires in and then crimp down a metal piece that goes thru the insulation of the wire and touches both wires.

James Parent
04-07-2004, 07:31 AM
theres another thread that was going on yesterday about this.. its basically the same thing, just 400ex's have a black and yellow wire, and i think 450r's have a black and white wire.. search for it it was very helpful