PDA

View Full Version : HOUSER A-arms

BANSHEEadam
03-12-2002, 06:19 PM
Hey guys.. where would be a good place to buy some Houser
A-arms? Rico you have them right? Anyone else? From where and how much were yours? Do the tie rods come with it?

And also...I want to get +2. I have the 400ex shocks still that I never got sold. Can I use those until I build up the money for the Works? I know they will fit.. but usin the pythagorean theorum (wow..never thought I'd use that) and a little common sense it, would make me sit higher. But being heavier than a 400ex, would the extra weight sit me down a little to even it out?
I guess my first question is top priority, but if you can give me any help on the second one I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

ChadEXer
03-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Get them From Marcums. He has a better price than direct from Houser!!

chris29
03-13-2002, 03:41 PM
I get a sponsorhip from them so I get em real cheap but you can go to there web site and check it out and compare prices and find the best deal.;)

Dave400ex
03-13-2002, 05:23 PM
You should like the Houser`s a lot. I think Marcum`s is the Cheapest.

cdalejef
03-13-2002, 08:43 PM
I just got the first set of +1 +1 Houser long travel a-arms made for my 250r. They are the best set of arms I have owned yet! They work just as well as the Lobo II's I had on my last R. We have been working with John Houser since December on these arms and they turned out better than expected. I am running 19 3/8" Elka shocks on them as well, another excellent purchase. Yes, they do come with tie rods.

ChadEXer
03-14-2002, 07:42 AM
You can save some time shopping around because I already have. Marcums is the cheapest!!

03-14-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
I just got the first set of +1 +1 Houser long travel a-arms made for my 250r. They are the best set of arms I have owned yet! They work just as well as the Lobo II's I had on my last R. We have been working with John Houser since December on these arms and they turned out better than expected. I am running 19 3/8" Elka shocks on them as well, another excellent purchase.

What exactly is a +1 +1 long travel arm,,I'm guessing there's a typo in there???

cdalejef
03-14-2002, 10:22 AM
No typo! +1 +1 is what us XC racers run. 1" forward and 1" wider combined with a 4+1 wheel, you get more travel with only being 1/2" wider than stock. Try me on the pricing!

Dave400ex
03-14-2002, 03:50 PM
Jeff, how do you like the Elka Shocks for XC? That Houser Setup sounds cool, but I don`t have the Money for Long Travel A-Arms. What kind of Rims are you Running?

Chad, What is Marcum`s selling Houser A-Arms for?

Quadfather
03-14-2002, 04:04 PM
I just got off the phone with Terry. We were discussing the HOuser A-Arms. He quoted me $475 to my door.

ChadEXer
03-14-2002, 04:05 PM
He sells them for like $475 I think. He gave me an even better deal because I just ordered over $1000 worth of stuff!! I got the Houser a-arms, fastline brake lines, Works shocks, and a new chain and sprockets!!!! I will probably get a swingarm from Sandragon.com so i can get a +3. Im still debating on the swingarm.. Damned it ,,,I just wish Houser made em longer!!!!!! So all I need now is: White plastic, MSR clutch lever & perch, pingrys oil tank, and FST oil cooler, a new prefilter(mine is ripped), some new seat grommets, new front wheels, and a case saver,,,,,till I think of somethin else!!!!!!!!!

Dave400ex
03-14-2002, 04:51 PM
$475? Holy Crap. That is Cheap.

Chad, Call Houser and see if they would make a +3 Swingarm for You.

cdalejef
03-14-2002, 05:23 PM
WarriorMan, The Elka's are great, the best shocks I have run yet! I heard today that Elka and Doug Roll are working a deal to start selling the Lobo II's with Elka's instead of Axis.
I have run the triple rates on stock a-arms and now the long travel's on Houser +1 a-arms. Both setups worked better than expected.
They soak up the roots, rocks and small woops awesome!. They are a little soft for MX but they are valved for XC so that is to be expected.
I am running 4+1 Douglas wheels.

Dave400ex
03-14-2002, 05:37 PM
Thanks Jeff. How does this Sound: Elka Triple Rate Fronts with SSD and Comp. Adjust. Then I want to Convert my Stock Rear to SSD.

cdalejef
03-14-2002, 05:43 PM
That is the most popular setup we sell! We did 10 rear shock conversions today alone.

NJ300ex
03-14-2002, 05:45 PM
I want to get something straight and don't mean to insult anyone or their business.

Jeff, is it true that the quadshop doesn't setup the elka shocks specifically for the rider in house and that you just get shipments sent to you with different sprung shocks?

Dave400ex
03-14-2002, 05:50 PM
I know that is a Very Good Setup. That`s what I will be Doing. I can`t Wait to get some Money so I can get some Shocks. I can`t believe you Guys are doing 10 Conversions in a Day. That`s a lot.

NJ300EX, I have also heard that and would like to know about that too.

ChadEXer
03-15-2002, 07:59 AM
Houser MIGHT make me a +3 swingarm but he would charge me out the arse. They are $500 already. I will probably get one from Sandragon for $375!!!

Holty
03-15-2002, 09:23 AM
Does Houser have just a regular +1 A-arms and not forward any? Also, how much for the +1's and a set of basic triple rate shocks with no rezzies and converting my rear?

ChadEXer
03-15-2002, 09:26 AM
Call Terry at Marcums. I guarantee you he will give you the best price. 386-325-6060

03-15-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Holty
Does Houser have just a regular +1 A-arms and not forward any? Also, how much for the +1's and a set of basic triple rate shocks with no rezzies and converting my rear?

The +1 are forward a half inch,,I don't think he makes them just +1 wide and that's it..I have the +1w and +1/2 forward if ya got any questions..

cdalejef
03-15-2002, 11:47 AM
NJ300ex, yes and no! We order the shocks with the most common valvings for MX and the most common valvings for XC. Then we will change the valving if your riding style, weight, or skill level doesn't match the valving the shock is ordered with.
As far as the springs go, we stock all spring rates so they can be changed in house before shipping.
If a person isn't happy with their valving, they send it back and we change the valving in house.

Holty, I don't believe Houser makes a +1 wide only. I will ask him next time I talk to him tho. Send me an e-mail or call me for pricing.

Holty
03-15-2002, 12:40 PM
Thanks, Rico for the info. I believe i'll be getting those a-arms. I don't want +2 stuff cause I don't race motox. I ride woods and harescrambles and just want a little more stability. But, I do ride motox tracks often and want to do some mid size jumps but nothing major.

Jeff, I'll be emailing you.

NJ300ex
03-15-2002, 02:18 PM
jeff, thanks alot for the info.

RoostinOna400ex
03-15-2002, 03:06 PM
What is Marcums web site if there is one?? i have been hearing alot about the place!!!

Quadfather
03-15-2002, 03:14 PM
Roostin' click on the link at the top of the page.

Everyone else: I am ready for a set of A-arms, too. If Terry gives volume discounts, we should see how many people are going to order a set, and see if we can get a discount, and order them at the same time. One guy here said he got a discount for ordering $1000 worth of merchandise.

ChadEXer
03-15-2002, 03:29 PM
Yeah that was me. I have spent quite a few $$$ with Terry and have quite a few more $$$ I plan to spend here in the next few days. I will buy EVERYTHING from Terry in the future!! Too bad he dont sell groceries:D

Dave400ex
03-15-2002, 07:03 PM
Chad, I don`t even want to know what a Custom Houser Swingarm would Cost. I hope Sandragon works Good for You. I have heard some Good stuff about Marcum`s, and some Bad stuff. Glad to hear Terry is Good for you Guys.

BANSHEEadam
03-15-2002, 07:06 PM
Man this thread really took off! Haven't checked it since I made it..
Well Terry lost my business. I ended up getting the information I asked him for about 11 or 12 days after I asked for it, and he well knew I needed it fast.
Anyway.. Houser is out of Banshee a-arms for 3 weeks, so I've been looking for some Burgards. I found them at KandK atv for 525. Are they worth that much? Are the Houser's better?

Thanks

Dave400ex
03-15-2002, 07:13 PM
The Burgards are Good, but I would say Houser is Better. If the Burgards are $525, I would look at Laeger A-Arms. Call Nac`s, Baldwin, JPMX, or anybody else that carries Laeger and Order some Laeger A-Arms. They are $578, but would be well worth the Extra Money.

ChadEXer
03-16-2002, 04:43 PM
Terry has been great to me. Not only has he gave me the BEST prices, he has given me EXCELLENT service and everything as promised. For those of you who say your service with Terry has been less than perfect,,,,I say get over it,,,for every dollar you DONT spend with Terry,,,Ill just have to spend 1 more:D
Chad

MOOCAZEN
03-16-2002, 05:11 PM
i have some houser a-arms and axis for sale!!!

mrusk
03-16-2002, 06:02 PM
MOOCAZEN- You must have shocks that are setup the wrong way or something. Maybe you should try this set up more than 1 day and adjust the shocks some.

matt

Dave400ex
03-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Chad, That`s Good to Hear about Terry. I haven`t ordered from Marcum`s yet, but if I need something he carries I would like to order it from him. It seems like there is Guys that don`t have Good Luck with Terry, and then there`s Guys that get the Best Luck you can. I know Rico has never had a Problem. I hope you keep getting Good Service.

ChadEXer
03-17-2002, 12:12 PM
Im sure I will. And Im sure you will too if you order from him. I have spent a lot of money with him and had NO problems. I will buy everything from him in the future and highly reccomend you do the same!! Terry works very hard over there and I appreciate what he has done for me and others. He is a small dealer with HUGE demands and he is doing a GREAT job of handling it!! There is just a couple of guys on here that has got less than absolute perfect service and they want to come on here and make a big deal about it. ****em, they can go somewhere else without coming on here and trying to ruin somebodies business!! So for those of you *****in,,,take it somewhere else cause nobody gives a chit what you think!!!!

Quadfather
03-17-2002, 06:37 PM
All of the forums I go to get threads about people having good or bad service from a particular parts supplier. They are just trying to pass on their experiences so others may, or may not decide to roll the dice and deal with them.

I've placed a few substantial orders from Marcums. Everything I ordered showed up about a week later than what I was told. Will I keep dealing with them? You bet I will. Terry takes the time to completely answer every question I ask him. He is extremely knowledgable, and puts things in terms that I can understand. I'm sure he is very busy, but seems to make time for me anyway.

On my last order, I recieved some damaged merchandise. He gave me his FedEx #, so I didn't have to pay to ship it back, as some other places made me do, If I wanted new merchandise.

All in all, I think Terry is an asset to ATVing.

Dave400ex
03-17-2002, 07:17 PM
Well I hope I get the same Service you Guys did. I want to help EXriders out all I can. Terry seems like a Very Good Guy to Deal with. I bet he is really Busy. Terry picked up a lot of Customers from this Site. His 416 Setup has been a HUGE hit on here. I look forward to dealing with him.

ChadEXer
03-18-2002, 07:20 AM
I think im fixing to call Terry and order some more stuff from him right now:D

Dave400ex
03-18-2002, 04:51 PM
How Much stuff do you have left to Order? Have you Called TC lately?

ChadEXer
03-18-2002, 06:24 PM
Man I have pretty much got everything ordered. im just waiting on Mickey at FST to call or email me so I can order one of his oil cooler kits. His answering machine says he wont be answering his phone until April 1st:( I sent him an email. other than that its pretty much just a couple of dress up items that I need to order. Also Terry is seeing what he can get me a pingrys oil tank for. If you look at my sig you can see some of the stuff I have ordered. I forgot to put quite a bit in it though. Thats a lot of stuff to remember!!! Everytime I read it i think of something I forgot but I really dont feel like retyping it right now. I will try to make a list then type everything. I keep trying to call TC and im not getting an answer. TC was at the nationals last week so maybe he has a lot of catching up to do. he prolly hasnt started because he said he would call me for the first half when he started!! I cant wait to get it back together. Im just waiting on my swingarm and a-arms then I will get everything powdercoated. then I will just be waiting on the motor!!

Quadfather
03-18-2002, 06:53 PM
Please let us know about the oil tank. I want one.

Dave400ex
03-18-2002, 07:28 PM
You have Ordered a lot of Stuff. I can`t Wait to see the Final Product. Who Won the GNC Race?

ChadEXer
03-18-2002, 07:36 PM
Terry said he used to stock the pingrys oil tanks but he wasnt selling many of them so he stopped. he said he will look and see what he can get me one for. He will call me tommorrow!

Dave400ex
03-18-2002, 08:19 PM
Let us Know. I wouldn`t mind getting one some day. I might get some Air Scoops soon.