PDA

View Full Version : Predator Stock Exhaust

RMX500
04-06-2004, 01:12 PM
The stock can on my pred is so restrictive and it's annoying. damned spark arrestor.

anyways i won't have my new system for a while so i was wondering if it's safe to pop out that crap in the end.. or if it's harmful like on most quads? On my 400EX people said I'd lose needed back pressure and would burn my valves.

i don't want to do that so I'm asking you people.

04-06-2004, 01:25 PM
The guy I ride with has an 04 Preditor. He got the WB exhaust that was made by Polaris for the bike. After a little jetting and a new cdi he has the fastest bike I have ever seen. I say leave your stock exhaust alone so it can be sold and just wait for the new exhaust.;)

RMX500
04-06-2004, 03:32 PM
doesn't answer my question..

travisparker444
08-02-2009, 01:05 AM
My brother has an 03 Predator and i have an 04. We both bought them brand new and the first thing we did was pull off the spark arrestor. Both our quads run great and sounds bad ***. It doesn't look great with the stock black exhaust but i think it sounds a lot better than a lot of after market pipes, and it's way better then with the spark arrestor on.

razor318
08-03-2009, 11:12 PM
bought a preddy new in 03. rode it about 2 weeks then pulled the cap off, it ran about the same just a lil louder. its only takes a min to remove the cap. i eventually got a white bros pipe and that really gave it a kick in the butt